no sound after patch is loaded

cyoung

I've downloaded some patches from axe change (such as the nuno patches) and after I audition them through axe edit there is no sound. Im using the standard model. Does that have anything to do with it? This happens with alot of other patches too.

Check:
- if the Cab is set to an empty User Cab.
- if one or more effect blocks use a controller such as an expression pedal.
- if bypassed effect blocks don't have Bypass mode set to complete Mute.

im having the same problem. i load the patch in editor. it all shows up but no sound.
can someone explain in detail a little what i should be checking for.

Just like Yek said, check the cab to see if it's set to a user cabinet. 99% of the time that's the problem.

Basically just change the cab to a stock one and see if you get sound. If you do that's the problem, if not then there's probably something bypassed in the chain that's set to mute when bypassed. Take a look at it in AxeEdit and look for a bypassed effect; double click on it and it will turn on.

After that it could be a bad preset...wouldn't be the first time.

Also, check to see if the patch was set up using the creator's global amps - that has given me no sound in the past with some presets.

Just like Yek said, check the cab to see if it's set to a user cabinet. 99% of the time that's the problem.
+1. And it that's not the problem, it's almost always Yek's second suggestion: Check to see if one of the blocks is attached to an expression pedal. If it is, and you don't have an identical controller set up, you'll usually get no volume. For instance, if output volume is tied to pedal External 1, and you don't actually have an External 1 pedal set up, the output volume will be zero.

SO, if that is the case, how do you go about getting sound? I've tried several of Yek's patches using Axe Edit to load them. I'll delete wahs and volume pedals and shunt it all together and still not get any sound to come out.

Yek's patches are just fine. I'm guessing you don't have any Usercab in the appropriate slots.

I've replaced his cabs with my own usercabs, all of which are filled with Ownhammer cabs. Still no sound.

I just downloaded the OWNHAMMER cabs, but I don't know how to upload them?

Lution - did you make sure you have an amp and a cab selected?

I've replaced his cabs with my own usercabs, all of which are filled with Ownhammer cabs. Still no sound.
Go into the Edit pages in each block and look for parameters that are tied to external controllers. If the user cabs aren't an issue, external controller assignments are the most likely suspects.

You sound like you are experiencing the same issue I have with some of Yek's presets. Patches that I think he borrowed from others which do not use a global amp work fine for me when loaded up. Here is what I have to do to get sound. Goto the amp block, scroll thru the global amps until it is not selected, you should at least hear sound once you scroll to the no global amp setting. I then have to chose the the correct amp that should have been used in the patch. I don't no if this is an Axe-edit bug or what, as it appears others don't get this problem but I would give my suggestion a try.

If you have no luck with the above suggestions, you can still find out where the sound is getting lost.

1. Start at the first block in the signal chain. Connect the output of that first block to the preset output, using a chain of shunts.
  2. If you get sound, then the first block isn't the problem. Delete the connection you just made.
  3. Move to the next block in the chain, and connect it to the preset output in the same way.
  4. Check again for sound.
  5. Repeat the above steps until you find the block where you get no sound. That's the place to concentrate your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom