Bug? No recovery after CPU overload - FW 5.02

fly666

I've pushed the CPU quite high on the FW 5.0 and then 5.01. This was working nicely except for some rare artifacts which I can live with.

With the FW 5.02, when a CPU overload happens, the unit hangs up and no sound is coming anymore. Changing scenes does not help, even if the new scene is less heavy on CPU. Even worse, correcting the problem and moving well below 80% doesn't restore the sound (for instance by disabling the hi-res option of both cabinets). The preset doesn't recover. The only workaround is to impose a preset change.

This is not an acceptable behaviour. The unit shall recover by itself after a CPU overload without a user intervention and at least when the problem is removed. PLEASE CORRECT!

After correction of some settings and saving the preset. I can revert back to my old settings without being able to reproduce the issue. Quite weird, but as the problem does not show up... I'm at a loss to explain it better. If it happens again, I'll save the preset to a blank location.

I've been having the same problem. One of my CPU heavy patches that worked just fine on all of the previous firmware hangs up on the third scene and won't unmute when I switch back to the first scene; only changing patches unmutes the FM3. What's weird is the only thing that's changing between scenes is the amp channel, which shouldn't be causing a CPU overload because it has its own dedicated CPU core.

I've been having the same problem. One of my CPU heavy patches that worked just fine on all of the previous firmware hangs up on the third scene and won't unmute when I switch back to the first scene; only changing patches unmutes the FM3. What's weird is the only thing that's changing between scenes is the amp channel, which shouldn't be causing a CPU overload because it has its own dedicated CPU core.

post the preset please.

Here's the preset. Try going from scene 1 to 8. The only thing that changes is the trem block is unbypassed. No channels change but it mutes on scene 8 and stays muted. Also, scenes 3 and 5 also lock up (drive and lead) and the only change is amp and cab channels.

Attachments

• Fender 135 5.02 muting.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Not a bug. Your preset peaks > 86% in scenes 1 and 8, and is over the limit as stated in the manual.

I removed the VOL 2 block (don't know why you have two VOL blocks in your preset), and this prevents audio from getting muted in scene 8. Still too high CPU though.

I'm having the same problem even when pushing stock presets to the limits, once muting occurs I can bypass every block and still get muted. Currently using 6.00B.

I'm having the same problem even when pushing stock presets to the limits, once muting occurs I can bypass every block and still get muted. Currently using 6.00B.
Bypassing blocks doesn't reduce CPU load. You need to remove them or change something else that lowers CPU use.

Back
Top Bottom