No reboot possible

Today my FM3 [2 weeks old now] stopped working at once. Tried a few things, even utilities [rescue boot?] but nothing helped. Can anybody help me with it?

Today my FM3 [2 weeks old now] stopped working at once. Tried a few things, even utilities [rescue boot?] but nothing helped. Can anybody help me with it?
The device has all the upgrades and is connected via usb with a pc, and I got a FC12 connected with it also. I removed the usb and the FC12 abd tried to reboot. The screens starts to show those balls for a few seconds and then nothing happens anymore. I tried utilities and entered the menu. The device went to a few checks and after one DDR check it said it was ready but it did not go back to any menu at all. I tried this twice, and twice the same. New reboots did not do anything about it. This is not what I expected from this device........ trouble in 2 weeks time

Hi, don't lose faith. There is a lot of good help here and Fractal support too, if needed.
I don't know the recovery / reboot process.
I would make sure you have nothing plugged into the FM3 when trying to reboot though.

Hi, don't lose faith. There is a lot of good help here and Fractal support too, if needed.
I don't know the recovery / reboot process.
I would make sure you have nothing plugged into the FM3 when trying to reboot though.
Thanxs, I hope you're right. No, I had all the cables disconnected while rebooting.

What a crappy feeling. I feel for ya. Scottp is right. Pretty sure someone
will chime in here and hopefully get it sorted out for you.

The device has all the upgrades and is connected via usb with a pc, and I got a FC12 connected with it also. I removed the usb and the FC12 abd tried to reboot. The screens starts to show those balls for a few seconds and then nothing happens anymore. I tried utilities and entered the menu. The device went to a few checks and after one DDR check it said it was ready but it did not go back to any menu at all. I tried this twice, and twice the same. New reboots did not do anything about it. This is not what I expected from this device........ trouble in 2 weeks time
Have you contacted support? That's the first line of help.

Here is what I found at the Wiki pages.

Emergency boot recovery​

FM3 — hold down PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT while cycling power until the Emergency Utility menu appears. Update the firmware using Fractal-Bot.
-------

Emergency Boot Recovery is different from the procedure to bypass a corrupt preset at startup. To do the latter, read this: Corrupt preset at startup

That's pretty awesome they dropped shipped you one without having to return the old one first! Just curious did they ship it 2 day or ground?

I got the new one today, in 2 days indeed. I got a return ticket for the old one so UPS returns it
Wow! 2 Day's? Supper, you'd never get that from any of the big retail outlets that's for sure, I would be curious to know what was wrong with the original unit though...

Wow! 2 Day's? Supper, you'd never get that from any of the big retail outlets that's for sure, I would be curious to know what was wrong with the original unit though...
Yep, I hope I'll get a message about what is wrong with the device and why it happened.

Back
Top Bottom