No Randall amp

Maybe I'm just blind, is there any Randall amp and cabs in FM3? If there isn't, what's the closest sounding alternative.
I would like to have some fun with Pantera songs this week.

No Randall Amps or Cabs.
The EQ section in the amp block is quite powerfull. My go to metal amp is still the recto1 red. I‘ve been dialing out around 400-800hz and boosting around 2,5khz to get that dimebag tone. And i‘ve been boosting the gain more than i usually would.

Give it a try.

No Randall Amps or Cabs.
The EQ section in the amp block is quite powerfull. My go to metal amp is still the recto1 red. I‘ve been dialing out around 400-800hz and boosting around 2,5khz to get that dimebag tone. And i‘ve been boosting the gain more than i usually would.

Give it a try.
Thanks. Sounds close but still missing the solid-state flavour.

Thats just a quick approach. I´m sure, there are ways to get the right flavour.
I personally think, Dime´s Tone is more based on extreme EQ settings rather than tube vs. transistor. Besides that, his tone came from his playing.
Think about it, the time, when Dime used those Amps, the market was way different. The options on very aggressive tube amps was quite limited. Today thats not the case. And for some reason i believe, that dime would have been a Fractal artist if he´d be still alive.

Been asked for, forever. Same with the MP1 and L5, just omitted for whatever reason unbeknownst to us commoners.

Maybe I'm just blind, is there any Randall amp and cabs in FM3? If there isn't, what's the closest sounding alternative.
I would like to have some fun with Pantera songs this week.
Ola Englund does some detailed breakdowns on Dime's tone on YT.
You can learn a lot on how to get his tone from that regardless of the gear.
He did a fair bit with pedals and noise gates that was consistent from amp to amp.

Try the Fryette D60 More - it can be harsh in a good way and it doesn't sag a lot. Mess around with some Dime-style eq and it will be punchy for sure.

Ola Englund does some detailed breakdowns on Dime's tone on YT.
You can learn a lot on how to get his tone from that regardless of the gear.
He did a fair bit with pedals and noise gates that was consistent from amp to amp.
What a coincidence, Ola just posted a YT clip yesterday trying to do a Pantera/Dimebag tone using another gear.

Back
Top Bottom