No Quantize setting in Looper block?

gdgross

Experienced
Am I missing it?

Can't find in FM3 or FM3 edit, and I don't see mention of it in the manual... I recall that the AX8 had this function.

Thanks Ian. was looking in FMEdit....it’s in the Config tab.
I seem to always get a silent pause in my loops.....cause I suck for sure at this. I thought Quantize might help....
What is the trick to having a continuous loop ? As in not audible break on the seam ?
thanks

One thing that helps me is to play the part a few times and start and stop the loop recording while you keep repeating the part in time. That way the start of the loop sounds completely seamless since you're actually repeating that part when you record it. If you try to start the loop from silence the loop seam can sound different compared to actually repeating that part while playing since the strings might be ringing out or you might change hand positions or whatever to get back to the start.

Thanks, will try that as well. New to looping :)
Had a Looper on my AX8.......I just find it much easier to use on FM3 now.

I was unable to loop until I loaded the OMG fm3 only layouts. On the “original” looper switches the start-stop of the loop was to difficult to manage. I think it has something to do with the type of release assigned bit someone with better understanding maybe could elaborate with better wording.

It’s a good point.....in looper mode, does the switch activate on depression or release ?

I was unable to loop until I loaded the OMG fm3 only layouts. On the “original” looper switches the start-stop of the loop was to difficult to manage. I think it has something to do with the type of release assigned bit someone with better understanding maybe could elaborate with better wording.
Yes, if you have a hold funtion assigned to the REC switch the actual tap won't be registered until you lift your foot from the switch. For the looper, it's best to not have a hold function assigned to the switch you're using for REC. That way the tap is registered as soon as the switch is pressed, not when it's released.

This ↑.

That's the case with any switch that has a hold function assigned. The tap function works on release, not press. The switch logic has to wait for the release to differentiate between a tap and a hold of the switch.

Back
Top Bottom