no password license after purchase

rnjscooter

Experienced
Hi I bought and downloaded MFC edit. I dont have the license code yet via email but when ordering it clearly said i could use the software, but there is no way. it wont let me

help?

Oh My Lord, what a nitemare. Every minute i get 2 new windows asking for the password, none of which I can delete. It also asks for me update the program but it won't let me. I tried to do a sysex dump via the youtube video. I got it to do it but i have a red exclamation point in the top right corner, and no files are showing. I am down to 5 demos because i have to keep quitting the program to get rid of all the windows. Look at my mess!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 11.20.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 11.20.50 AM.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 6
Help!!!!!!!!!!!! not only that, the password windows will NOT leave my desktop without shutting down my computer

FWIW, red exclamation mark can simply mean unsaved changes. If you're still getting a blank window, and can't get out the it, the password prompt might be none mottal and have stolen focus, try force quitting the app (apple key+option key+esc key) and reopening? You will need an administrator password to install the software update. Applications folder has admin privileges on OS X. Should be the same password you use to login, provided you're the only user on the machine.

Thanks. This program has so so many quirks. I don't even know where to begin. I Imported my preset names, but then still had to drag those names one at a time to the songs tab, before I can make sets. and you can only do a 100 songs. I wish It could just take my presets and drag and drop to sets without doing all that.Then when dragging, half the time it says the song does not exist in my songs list, but it does. Too many things to address without some serious face to face time with someone. I think I am gonna call this 30 bucks down the drain. maybe when I can update I will change my opinion. We will see

i am gonna be honest tho, when I went into sets mode on my MFC, it was nice having all the songs to this weekends show in there:)

Dude... Give it a minute for the support to help you out :)

First off, open a support case wth Fractal. This forum is great, but it isn't the official support channel.

@bwanagary is very good about resolving problems quickly. I'm sure he'll get you sorted out.

Create a support ticket, include some screenshots and a description and I'll take a look. I've been offline doing my "honey-do" list :)

@rnjscooter, this is the second or third time I've had a report of the update loop with version 5.2 on MAC or Windows. So, for people who experience that problem I'm going to post the solution here. Because of a bug in MFC-Edit 5.2 update process it could get into a loop. It also depends on the PATH environment - it could cause the wrong MFC-Edit installer program (version 5.2, for example) to be located and executed. If you see this problem, you must first uninstall version 5.2 of the program. Follow these steps:
  • Uninstall all versions of MFC-Edit (Drag it from the Applications folder into the Trash folder for MAC)
  • Delete any MFC-Edit program files - particularly mfc-edit-windows.zip and mfc-setup.exe that you may have on your computer (mfc-edit-mac.zip and mfc-edit.dmg for MAC)
  • Download a fresh copy of MFC-Edit - I believe that you can do that from your fractal audio account where you purchased it. If you can't please open a support ticket and we'll verify your purchase and send you instructions on how to do that
  • Double-click the downloaded file mfc-edit-windows.zip file (mfc-edit-mac.zip for MAC)
  • Double-click the resulting mfc-setup.exe file (mfc-edit.dmg for MAC)
It should work then. If not, please open a support ticket with us.

Back
Top Bottom