No Output signal?

seclusion

Experienced
Hi There

Hmm
Just doing a quick search and check around the forum.
I updated Fri night to 11.0.5 no problems, used the Ax all night.
Not sure whats up, but when I flip through presets I see guitar signal in, but no signal on the output?
Looking at the I/O page, everything looks right, stereo, etc.
reflashed firmware just in case.
Same.

Thoughts?

Are you using a MIDI controller? Something sending a 0 value for the Out 1 Volume CC# would cause this. Go to the Axe-FX I/O: CTRL page and set Out 1 Volume to "NONE" then restart. If that eliminates the problem you can either leave it on "none" or figure out what controller setting was causing it to send CC#011.

Thanks for your input
Tried, I do have an HD500 via midi, it has been setup working fine for a couple years.
But pulled it out of the chain anyways, still no output.
It doesn't even light up on the output area.
Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks
Brian

Amplification device switched on? Volume level turned up?
Axe-Fx in Bypass mode?
Axe-Fx in Tuner mode with Tuner set to Mute (Tuner menu)?
Output knobs on the front panel turned up?
Connected to Output 2: enable Copy OUT1 to OUT2 (I/O menu) or add a FXL block.
I/O settings must match the guitar's connection to FRONT or REAR.
Check the cable between guitar and Axe-Fx, the guitar's battery, other cabling from/to the Axe-Fx II etc.
Preset: Input is connected to Output?
Preset: Bypass parameter of a bypassed block set to Mute?
Preset: external controller, such as an expression pedal, muting the sound? (applies specifically to VOL blocks)
Preset: Cab block pointing to an empty user cab slot?
Preset: check levels in Layout > Out (and in the FXL block if there's one).

Amplification device switched on? Volume level turned up?
Yes, plugged into my StudioLive (other signals work) there is no output signal lights on Axe
Axe-Fx in Bypass mode?
Clicked on bypass then off again
Axe-Fx in Tuner mode with Tuner set to Mute (Tuner menu)?
Not on tuner mode, I have signal pass thru regardless
Output knobs on the front panel turned up?
Cranked as always
Connected to Output 2: enable Copy OUT1 to OUT2 (I/O menu) or add a FXL block.
Normally don't but did anyways, I haven't disconnected anything on Axe, in my studio, hooked up the same, but copied output 2 and connected output 2 to mixer too.
I/O settings must match the guitar's connection to FRONT or REAR.
On front, (signal shows input as always).
Check the cable between guitar and Axe-Fx, the guitar's battery, other cabling from/to the Axe-Fx II etc.
yes, as above signal input is strong showing good cables, but switched to another
Preset: Input is connected to Output?
Same on all presents regardless
Preset: Bypass parameter of a bypassed block set to Mute?
Preset: external controller, such as an expression pedal, muting the sound? (applies specifically to VOL blocks)
Preset: Cab block pointing to an empty user cab slot?
Preset: check levels in Layout > Out (and in the FXL block if there's one).

This one seems weird to me, all presets are the same, great input signal, but no output signal.
I use a PD HD500 as a controller, unhooked for troubleshoot, but I recall seeing output signals on Axe regardless of midi. I could be wrong though.
Looking in Utilities Menu, the L1R1 Input and Output Light up, but the front panel shows no output activity

Last edited:
Is your last sentence not a typo, there's now activity on the L1 and R1 Output meters at the utility menu? If so, there should be signal at Out 1. Can you connect the Axe-FX directly to a monitor via XLR or 1/4" cable?

It is connected via XLR and I also copied out1 to out2 and connect 1/4" and there is no signal output.
So to reiterate in utilities it is showing output to output 1.
But on the Axe front panel there is no output signal, no sound.

What do you mean by "on the Axe front panel there is no output signal"? There aren't any output 1 meters on the front panel, only Input 1 and Input 2 meters plus (single red LED) Out 1 & Out 2 clip indicators.

I think you solved it.
Took the StudioLive out of the mix.
Plugged my Adams directly in to the Axe Output.
I have guitar bliss.
Hmm so what did I do to the StudioLive...
Sigh!
Thank u

Weird
My PreSonus 16.0.2 needed to be shut down, unplugged for a half hr.
All fine now
Back to jamming now

Perhaps I can chime in and get some help of my own? I just purchased an axe fx 2 so I’m very new to technology. Connected to a mixing board for the first time last night through the xlr output. No signal at all?
Is there something basic I should check?

Perhaps I can chime in and get some help of my own? I just purchased an axe fx 2 so I’m very new to technology. Connected to a mixing board for the first time last night through the xlr output. No signal at all?
Is there something basic I should check?

Reads the posts above...

Back
Top Bottom