No Output after inserting a Volume Block.

flyingfadr

Power User
My main preset has a Volume block set to be controlled from External 1, but I get no Volume output until the Volume block is bypassed.

I tested to see if it was a corrupted preset, by inserting a Volume block in a random preset, but got the same result... no output until the Volume block is bypassed, or turn it into a Shunt. No MIDI information is shown as being received from the MFC either. SOMEtimes, if I switch to a different preset, and then back the preset with the Volume block, it magically works... ?

Nothing has changed, since I was playing V9.02 yesterday, other than the V10 Update... I DID reset all the System Parameters, and it seemed to get it to work... until I powered it up today...

Do you have the volume parameter mapped to External 1 when it doesn't work? Is external 1 plugged in?

Yup. It seems to work every once in a while, when I switch to a preset which doesn't have a Volume Block, then back, it SOMEtimes works... i've check all cables and connections, and everything worked pre-V10... there's a little bug in there somewhere...

There's a bug in the current MFC software: when you first turn it on, external controllers and IAs won't work. You need to move to another patch and then back. But once you do that they should work. And it only happens when you first power everything up.

This sounds like what you're experiencing.

Hate to ask this, but any idea how soon the patch will be made ? I have a gig this weekend, and can't really play with no volume... ;-). Or should I revert to 9.02 ?

Thanks in advance...

Hate to ask this, but any idea how soon the patch will be made ? I have a gig this weekend, and can't really play with no volume... ;-). Or should I revert to 9.02 ?

Thanks in advance...
Iaresee described a way to avoid the problem:
iaresee said:
You need to move to another patch and then back. But once you do that they should work. And it only happens when you first power everything up.

Give it a try before the gig, make sure it works. BTW, have a great gig!

Thanks in advance...

The solution is to change presets after power up. Test this to make sure it works though. If so, surely you can do this at a gig :)

I've tested this.... still no go... it's kind of hit and miss... it seems to start working for no particular reason sometimes.... sometimes it will come on after switching presets, others not. Not able to use it for Live use until there is an update fix. Worse comes to worse, I'll downgrade for the gig, then upgrade again after... but I'd really like to try it with the new sound and feel... ;-)

I've tested this.... still no go... it's kind of hit and miss... it seems to start working for no particular reason sometimes.... sometimes it will come on after switching presets, others not. Not able to use it for Live use until there is an update fix. Worse comes to worse, I'll downgrade for the gig, then upgrade again after... but I'd really like to try it with the new sound and feel... ;-)
Can you post your patch? I'll try it out. The patch up/down always fixes the IA/EXT initialization issue for me. I want to make sure you're not experiencing something else.

It happens on any patch I insert a Volume block in. I randomly picked the 6160 Factory Preset ( 74 ? ) and inserted a Volume Block, selected External 1 as the controller... No volume control whatsoever... no indication on the graph to show movement, no green MIDI information light on the from Panel.

I did a system reset before after the V10 upgrade, then reset all parameters as usual. It seemed to work, then on next power-up, it did not work again. Now, switching presets does not rectify it... it just seems to start working randomly... very strange...

External 2, which is set to Wah, and other controllers per patch, seems to work fine... but Ext 1 is dedicated to Volume Block control is erratic, and worked flawlessly in the hours preceding the V10 update.

Yes, upon power-up, controller pedal 1 does not control the volume block. If I switch to another preset on the MFC, then back, the Volume block works. Trying to switch presets from the front panel does NOT solve the problem...

Any ideas how to resolve ??

Last edited:
Yes, upon power-up, controller pedal 1 does not control the volume block. If I switch to another preset on the MFC, then back, the Volume block works. Trying to switch presets from the front panel does NOT solve the problem...

Any ideas how to resolve ??

Switch to another preset and back on power-up.

I don't think it was reported when i first posted this. The ones after said it was resolved by going to a different preset and back again. This does not work on my system. I can only get it to work if I change patches on the MFC, and back.

I don't think it was reported when i first posted this. The ones after said it was resolved by going to a different preset and back again. This does not work on my system. I can only get it to work if I change patches on the MFC, and back.

Yes, changing patches via the MFC was what I meant. Sorry if that wasn't clear. This'll be fixed in an upcoming MFC firmware release.

Back
Top Bottom