No new firmware in May.

Oh nooooooooooo!!!!! ;)
apocalypse.jpg

Ah yes, but Quantum 3 was so nice I think it worth at least 30 days w/o another major epiphany... no telling when the modeling muse will bless you with inspiration ;)

Owners of some other brands of modeler could say "no new firmware this decade". We've got it pretty good I'd say.

I bought my Axe-Fx around FW7, so counting the "_.XX" updates, in addition the "X.0" major updates, I've probably gotten maybe 50 free updates, with lots of new amps, effects, cabs, functional improvements etc.

FAS is hard at work modeling the different types of cathode heater material compositions and on quantum tunneling effects for the "Son Of Quantum", coming soon to an AFX near you...when we can adjust the heater parameters we can finally thumb our noses at the cork sniffers...lol

I've had my AxeFx II since FW 8 and luckily I've never had a power failure while updating or I'd need that flash ROM chip.
Each time I update I do so on edge however I've witnessed the evolution of this product.
Some effect updates such as the Pitch block formant would be cool and maybe the
Tom Scholtz Rockman.

I think it shows the epicness of Q3 :D I am so happy with it, at least till Cliff's next epiphany.

I honestly don't need an update for now, except if we find bugs or errors...I'm deep learning to use my axefx currently and everything sounds so good !

Actually, I have no idea what you're saying. It could be:

A whimsical observation
A complaint
A statement of admiration that no new firmware is needed
A prompt for Cliff to pull his figure out and release something new
A call for help, suffering update withdrawal symptoms
or maybe: just bored and trolling :)

It was just a whimsical observation, as we have had a flurry of fw's in the past few months and yet there was still a plethora of people saying when is the next release, f5, f5, f5.
THEN...
FW3.02 arrives and it would appear for the first time in a long while there was silence, people were happy !!! And just playing their guitars and enjoying the Axe FX.
I admit I was feeling a little mischievous, and also quite intrigued, and so I started a "tongue in cheek" thread, but as I said, on a personal level quite interested in what would be people's reactions.
On the whole my suspicion would seem to be correct, this is an amazing firmware.
I didn't want to start a thread with "how do people like this new firmware...." as it almost pre-programs people to a 'binary' response, yes or no. This however seemed to enable a few people to think and share there thoughts and views, far more interesting and relevant to me than the other option.
I would hope that I would never come across as a TROLL, in all the years I have participated in forums, in subjects quite diverse, I would hope that I have always come across as someone who is helpful and polite, but never ever the T word.
Shane

Back
Top Bottom