No More Tears Video.

It took me a while to get it where I wanted it. Tapping the outro messed up the ping pong delay. Not a big deal. Thought the Nitrous was a good amp to use for it.

Im having fun trying this out with different amps and cabs and fx settings. This time i tried to get true to the original. Used an LTD Iron Cross with EMGs, SD-1 Boosted JCM 800 with factory Rumble EV cab and a free marshall rear cab IR.

Backing track came out a little low. Fixed in my DAW but im not reposting it.
Awesome bro!

Great playing man, but I disagree that the tone is all that close to the original. In the recording, he's riding right on the ragged edge of breakup, enough to get quite a bit out of the amp when he digs in. (Neat trick considering they're EMGs, actually.) It also just doesn't feel the same tonally, ZW's is just a lot thicker for whatever reason be it tone or studio magic.

Great playing man, but I disagree that the tone is all that close to the original. In the recording, he's riding right on the ragged edge of breakup, enough to get quite a bit out of the amp when he digs in. (Neat trick considering they're EMGs, actually.) It also just doesn't feel the same tonally, ZW's is just a lot thicker for whatever reason be it tone or studio magic.

Thanks for the input. I'll admit that it is a very elusive tone to match considering he was using simple gear. After lots of experimenting it's the closest I could get. Even tone matching didn't do as well for me. If would have been a little more natural if I didn't use a drive block. Just gave a little more juice for the harmonics. Also the EMG HetSet is a bit different than the ZW set.

Granted I only used one stereo track for rhythm and leads. I didn't go for a ton of studio magic. If I used a wider setting on the expander block it may have been a tad thicker but I run into phase issues.

If you build a preset using his actual amp, cab, etc with similar settings it's almost unusable. I went with what worked for me.

I honestly didn't care for his Live and Loud tone. Really muddy to me. YMMV

I didn't think about it till now but if you were talking about the tone on the video, I agree that it is not close at all. If you check out the last "audio" clip I posted the tone and playing are much closer to the original than the video. It's post #7. Sorry for any confusion.

I didn't think about it till now but if you were talking about the tone on the video, I agree that it is not close at all. If you check out the last "audio" clip I posted the tone and playing are much closer to the original than the video. It's post #7. Sorry for any confusion.
Ahhh yeah I did miss that. The audio in #7 is a pretty good fit, I'd make a few tweaks here and there but it's certainly not far off.

Back
Top Bottom