No microphones factory cabinets

L

luke

I discovered today there are no microphone types to use with the cabinets.

I used the V30 cab (#62?) with the D112 dyn mic for most of my presets in my II.

I'd like be able to mimic that.

Any ideas?

The cab is there but not the microphone.

Alternatively is there a cab that sounds like that combo?

Seems like everybody that shoots irs nowadays has the mic baked in. I'm sure there should be that speaker/mic combo somewhere.

Tonematch only the cab block in the II with the III?

I looked at the Axe Fx II Wiki, and that cabinet description is:

062 — 4x12 V30 — Generic 4x12 with Celestion V30 speakers.

It sounds like that may have been a very early IR. I wonder if anyone in the Fractal camp can give any insight as to what cabinet that was. But NeoSound has a great idea. If you still have the II, or access to it, you can Tonematch it.

Seems like everybody that shoots irs nowadays has the mic baked in. I'm sure there should be that speaker/mic combo somewhere.

Tonematch only the cab block in the II with the III?

I don't know how to do that.

Pages 66 & 67 of the manual are your friend. Look in the legacy bank of the cab block. All the IRs that were on the II's are in there & from what I have seen, have the same cab number.

Pages 66 & 67 of the manual are your friend. Look in the legacy bank of the cab block. All the IRs that were on the II's are in there & from what I have seen, have the same cab number.

The cab is there, the microphones are not.

It's been awhile since I played with tone match but I matched some acoustics, isolated tracks, violins, cellos and organs from youtube. It was easy to do but I would have to refresh my memory?

If you still have your II, I "think" all you have to do is go to one of your presets, turn everything off except the amp and cab, then add the tonematch block after the cab. Match local to reference while playing and export it as a cab. This may not be exactly correct because... well I forget stuff I don't do often :)

There are like 2000 IR’s in the III, I’m sure you can pick one with the right combo of mic and speaker

All those mic Irs did was add a little eq, you can likewise achieve the same tones with the channel strip EQ or an eq block

The ax8 got rid of the mic eq’s and now so did the III. Cliff explained it wasn’t an accurate or optimal method

I discovered today there are no microphone types to use with the cabinets.

I used the V30 cab (#62?) with the D112 dyn mic for most of my presets in my II.

I'd like be able to mimic that.

Any ideas?

The cab is there but not the microphone.

Alternatively is there a cab that sounds like that combo?

I noticed that also. I just took a look at the list of cabs in the Wiki. It doesn't say what microphones they were captured with. Many of the cab packs I've bought have different folders for the various microphones cabs were captured with. If you have any cab packs with V30 cabs I'd check to see which ones were captured with the D112 mic.

Back
Top Bottom