No Looper Control with F switches

lp59

Experienced
I assigned Looper Control to F1 but when I activate the corresponding switch, the AX8 screen show last activated block parameters and no Looper Control. If I just activated Drive block before activating F1 it shows Drive parameters. If last activated is the Phase block, when trying to open Looper Control assigned to F1, AX8 shows Phaser parameters.

Same goes if I assign Looper Control to F2 or F3, tap or hold same results. I received my AX8 today, brand new. Any idea?

Thanks Chris for your help. No USB plugged when I first tried this. But if I click first on a blank block switch with no corresponding block affected at that switch, then it works! Pretty awkward to do this for having access to Looper Control.

Thanks Chris for your help. No USB plugged when I first tried this. But if I click first on a blank block switch with no corresponding block affected at that switch, then it works! Pretty awkward to do this for having access to Looper Control.
AX8-Edit is not meant for performance, and looping something is basically a performance. Edit is meant to use for editing primarily and always forces the hardware into the Edit screen of a selected block.

also when Edit is in use, it is the master controller. if you want to use the hardware - like using the switches for Looper mode and looping - pause Edit as i suggested above.

i'll test the Looper function on the F1 switch again, but when i tested it before, i did not experience what you described unless AX8-Edit was connected.

Yes, I understand that perfectly. But like I said, no USB involved, no computer, no AX8-Edit. I'm downloading FW 1.01 (already had) to see what happens. I'll tell you the results.

so from the Footswitch Screen - the main screen basically - you Tap F1 which has the Looper function assigned... and what happens specifically?

does the Looper page show up briefly and then it goes to some other block?

or does it just go directly to some other block?

or something else?

any chance for a short video? you can send the file directly to my dropbox if you don't have a youtube or something: https://www.dropbox.com/request/k1KMjyGjbYUSEF24pskj

I also did reset parameters with no success.

What happens when I press F1 which has Looper Control assigned:
If one of the used blocks in the FS screen is selected pressing F1 opens that block parameters.

If I click on a switch corresponding to a blank (no) block, then the Looper Control opens, and stays on screen as supposed to work.

I can make a video but not before tomorrow, but it's really simple, just like I explained above. Same with nothing plugged except the power cable.

I also did reset parameters with no success.

What happens when I press F1 which has Looper Control assigned:
If one of the used blocks in the FS screen is selected pressing F1 opens that block parameters.

If I click on a switch corresponding to a blank (no) block, then the Looper Control opens, and stays on screen as supposed to work.

I can make a video but not before tomorrow, but it's really simple, just like I explained above. Same with nothing plugged except the power cable.
ok i understand since you explained it well :) no need for the video. i'll test when i get home today and if it's a problem, i'll submit the bug to the devs.

Yep, I have the same problem. To reproduce, I pulled up a new preset then activated a block (like Drive) via a footswitch. If I then attempt to activate the looper via F1 (hold), it just brings up the edit screen for that block instead of engaging the looper.

confirmed. reporting :)

this is so weird. i use the looper all the time at my gigs and never experienced this. i guess i really only change Scenes during my gig.

/me shrugs

I think it is a general bug. Happened to me as well, same situation.

One thing I noticed is that this happens only with effects blocks. I have done it after changing scenes with my globally assigned footswitch and the f1 for looper works.

Back
Top Bottom