No longer needing to cut lows off with EQ

randombastage

Experienced
Somewhere around the introduction of vs 16 or maybe just before that when I got a CLR I seem to have stopped having to do some kind of high pass around 70hz to kill the boom and just before that I had quit needing the highs cut off around 6000.

Is it the CLR letting me create patches without making a mess from trying to get all the stuff in the middle right? Not adding more bass..more presence..etc than is reasonable in an attempt to just right etc.

Or just the newest firmware being that good?

Just wondering if anyone else has found themselves in the same happy place and what they think was the reason?
I have a second CLR coming now so I'm looking forward to happy in stereo regardless of the reason
So thanks Team Fractal and Atomic

Last edited:
yeah i think it's a combo. the CLR definitely cuts the unwanted freq's most speakers add, but the FW improvements have sweetened the tone extensively, especially where the highs are concerned.

Some amps and IR's have more low end, but on most presets I don't use lo cut either.

On at least some amps and cabs, I still use a low cut to make sure I have low end without stepping all over the bassist. But on a couple of my go-to amps like the ODS, I end up setting it much lower than I used to. Don't know why...there wasn't anything in the release notes that I remember seeing.

I just decreased the bass cuts in all my Mesa and Orange presets. Sounds real thumpy now, not that mushy bass I remember from before on those presets.

Definitely less bass flub on the Fenders in recent Firmwares.
Used to have to always use low cut, but I have all humbucker guitars also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom