No load block bypass

Do you wish no load bypass?

• Total voters

Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
With higher version CPU load is getting harder,we could add less blocks to a patch.

I wish there could be an option "no load block bypass" as bypass type, that load into memory and run the fx only when unbypassed. We can chose it for the less used blocks (crystal or pitch shifter in a funky clean patch, for example...).

I know there could be noise problem, process issues, latency and artefacts, bad use and abuse :lol: , but I wish give it a try. I would like to know if it doable, and how many Standard and Ultra user think it's an interesting idea. :mrgreen:

The problem is that you could overload your CPU by turning on a "no-load-bypass" block, which would be a Very Bad Thing to do at stage volume. The CPU load assumes all blocks are on precisely to prevent this, as a safety feature.

The actual "load bypass" has to be the default. I know the "fail safe" function in case of no load has to be done by user, but there are people that can do that.

My problem arise when I read about using the amp emulation as fuzz... it is more organic, but I cannot add it to my patches, that are at 87/94% CPU occupation.
Yes, I have drop unused block.
I have no modifier attacched, other than block bypass.
I would like to use a patch like a pedalboard.

I could duplicate the patch, drop some block, add the second amp, but I would like to retain the block bypass state from one patch to another and back. Otherwise it is tap dancing... :?

Back
Top Bottom