No lights on my new Ultra?

Midiot

Inspired
Hi, just received it Friday and I heard you can test the lights but I don't know where. Or even if it's just bad lights. When I jam, only my left side of input 1 lights L/R.

Here's some pics. Do you think I have a faulty Ultra?

Thanks

:geek: M :ugeek:

Attachments

• broke_ultra.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 330
  • broke_when_playing.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 330
No, that's normal. The front input only feeds the left side (mono). If you were feeding the left and right inputs with signal on Input 1 in the back, you'd see both sides light up.

However, I notice that the third green led on channel 1 left isn't lit up in that second picture. With them all redlined, that one should be lit, so that one's a concern.

Ah ha... thank you. But, yeah... that orange light never comes 'on' in the left-side Input 1 channel. :cry:

Yeah, mine has been like that since I got it (it took a hit in shipping), but I figured it wasn't worth sending it back over. Mine is the 2nd LED though, which I guess is a little less important than the 3rd, given that you want your input signal to be sitting at the 3rd LED, only occasionally hitting the red.

DLM said:
No, that's normal. The front input only feeds the left side (mono). If you were feeding the left and right inputs with signal on Input 1 in the back, you'd see both sides light up.

However, I notice that the third green led on channel 1 left isn't lit up in that second picture. With them all redlined, that one should be lit, so that one's a concern.
Well, I tried as you said and when I plug into the left/ mono [input 1] on the back. Only the left channel lights are working.
And when I plug into the rear channel right [input 1] only the right channel works. Mine never has both left and right of input 1 working! :eek:

DNW said:
Yeah, mine has been like that since I got it (it took a hit in shipping), but I figured it wasn't worth sending it back over. Mine is the 2nd LED though, which I guess is a little less important than the 3rd, given that you want your input signal to be sitting at the 3rd LED, only occasionally hitting the red.
I thought about blowing it off too. But for a product costing $2,000+ it's going to be working perfect for me!

:geek: M :ugeek:

Midiot said:
DLM said:

Well, I tried as you said and when I plug into the left/ mono [input 1] on the back. Only the left channel lights are working.
And when I plug into the rear channel right [input 1] only the right channel works. Mine never has both left and right of input 1 working! :eek:
That's because you're not using both of them at the same time.

TheOtherDave said:
That's because you're not using both of them at the same time.
Kewl.... well I just need that lite replaced and it'll be good to go! It already sounds nice.

Back
Top Bottom