No instrument level lights on AX8

Alandalton

Inspired
Hi all,

I'm not getting any instrument input level lights showing up on my AX8.

I presume I should see something.
Anyony have this problem or a solution.

Thanks

Alan

Do the lights show up during the boot sequence? If so, I'd check your input padding and make sure it's as low as possible. I can't remember what the default padding or range is at the moment.

Do the lights show up during the boot sequence? If so, I'd check your input padding and make sure it's as low as possible. I can't remember what the default padding or range is at the moment.

The lights do show up on startup.
There's noise through the unit.
I'll search for that input padding.
Thanks.

fyi.. I have exactly the same.. When I power up the unit all lights are on. When playing at best I get one light lit nothing more. i have set my input padding as low as possible too. I play a fender stratocaster but am having same result with a gibson with 2 humbuckers. I don't see it as a problem but just want to highlight I have the same issue

fyi.. I have exactly the same.. When I power up the unit all lights are on. When playing at best I get one light lit nothing more. i have set my input padding as low as possible too. I play a fender stratocaster but am having same result with a gibson with 2 humbuckers. I don't see it as a problem but just want to highlight I have the same issue

Even with the guitar on full volume on humbuckers, I don't get any lights at all.
On my axe fx using the same guitar the lights nearly hit the top every time.

Adjust the input pad. The default is 12dB on the latest firmware. Change it to 0dB or 6dB depending on your guitar input level:

SETUP->IO->LEVELS

Adjust the input pad. The default is 12dB on the latest firmware. Change it to 0dB or 6dB depending on your guitar input level:

SETUP->IO->LEVELS

Have done all that Joe, result is that I get 1 light and nothing more . With default settings I had no lights.

Have done all that Joe, result is that I get 1 light and nothing more . With default settings I had no lights.
Then I suspect your guitar has a pretty low input. How does it sound?

I have the same behavior. Mike Lull Pbass into Shure GLXD into AX8. VU meters are set correctly for the overall sound, but I only get one light at best.

I seem to have the opposite going on, I have the input as low as it can go, and lots of red showing, but not pegged all the time. Just hitting red regularly. I'm using a McCarty with 57/08s and a p90 guitar going into a g50 direct to the ax8. I might try it without the wireless. I don't remember what it does with my basses, I'll check that too.

I seem to have the opposite going on, I have the input as low as it can go, and lots of red showing, but not pegged all the time. Just hitting red regularly. I'm using a McCarty with 57/08s and a p90 guitar going into a g50 direct to the ax8. I might try it without the wireless. I don't remember what it does with my basses, I'll check that too.
The input pad will attenuate as much as 18dB. Have you tried adjusting that?

Back
Top Bottom