No good sound Axe FX II XL+ and Godin A6 ultra

PeterB

Hi all,
I have a problem with the combination Axe FX II XL + and a Godin A6 ultra guitar.

I'm plugged into the 'INSTR' at the front. When I use the Godin input for blending the piezo and the humbucker I only get the sound of the piezo. The humbucker create no sound. I can’t blend them.

When I use the other Godin input (humbucker only) there is a sound from the humbucker, but not very good. The battery in the Godin is new. Is there something in the Axe setup I’ll miss?

Regards Peter

From your description it doesn't sound like it's anything to do with the AxeFX .... you say you can hear the piezo output so the Fractal's instrument input is apparently working.

Sounds more like you have an issue with the humbucker circuit or preamp in the Godin to me. Have you any other amp or such like you can test it with just to double check?

Maybe also just double check the new battery actually had charge in it - sometimes they do arrive dead in the packet. If it's a 9V one just try it on your tongue to see if it's a good strong tingle or a tiny tingle.

Thanks for your reply. The battery is oke. Testing with another amp gives the same issue. I will bring the guitar to the local repairshop.

The output 1 (electric) delivers only the humbucker, the output 2 piezo+humbucker if there's no jack in output 1, otherwise there's only the piezo.
I guess that output 1 has a switching contact that stops the humbucker sound with a jack plugged in. To me it seems as if this contact is either bent back or corroded and therefore doesn't forward the signal to output 2 anymore...

Sounds like something wrong with the A6 for sure. When I'm plugged into the combined output on my A6, the volume sliders for the undersaddle and pickup and the humbucker work independently just fine.

As for the humbucker not sounding good, it's incredibly bassy if you have the preamp bass and treble controls on max. I usually roll out a lot of bass on the guitar.

Back
Top Bottom