No Global Blocks ?

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
While waiting for the AX8 , i decided to go through the manual of it.

So: NO Global Blocks in the AX8 ? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I really loved it , making multiple preset tweaking so easy.....adjust the Globals in 1 preset and all the other presets using these Globals automatically changed....:):):)

If no, that means that once you guys adjusted something in your Amp settings , now you have to go through all the other presets and change it there too....?

Or has there been put another idea / option to do so ?

Please enlighten me :(

Correct, no support for global blocks currently.

I use the editor's Block Library instead, since I use just a few different Amp blocks in most presets.
I save the change and then recall the updated block in every relevant preset (or I drop a saved block from a folder onto the grid)..
Slower than global blocks, surely, but still a quick process.

I also use the Global EQ more. ;-)

I use the editor's Block Library instead, since I use just a few different Amp blocks in most presets.
I save the change and then recall the updated block in every relevant preset.

That ' CURRENTLY ' word gives me hopes again.....:D:D:D

I save the change and then recall the updated block in every relevant preset.

Not so quick if you're not connected to a computer :p
Hopefully global blocks and/or Recall functions will be added. They would kind of seem like no-brainers for a "live" unit. But then, I don't know what sort of system resources go into supporting such functions.
-
Austin

I really hope....I am a simpel guy and like to play instead of changing the same things in all of my 2 presets :D

But I really LOVE Globals.....just in case I decide to use some more presets :cool:

The AX8 was not designed for use with Global Block, and there are no plans to add them.. You already have similar capabilities in AX8-Edit.

giphy.gif

:D

For other noobs like me, it is on page 91 in the manual. It seems to be a reasonable way to accomplish adding a dialed in block to another preset or unit. I am not familiar with the AX-FX II so this may not be as eloquent as that but this seems to work fine.

Would be really nice for someone to details wwhat exactly is NOT included in the AX8 from what the Axe FX II has, no more "surprices" please!!!

This was not a surprise! Read the manual if you want details and you'll know what's missing. It is, however, disappointing that it is apparently not available to be added later.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom