No Global Blocks ?

yes, that is why I read the manual first and realised that there are no global blocks.....:(:(:(

Really too bad because I often adjust volumes of the global amps in 1 preset and DONE.....no time to program all the other presets & NO time to connect Axe Edit.

Often what happens after an Update is that I start using another amp because they sound better > then I adjust the volumes with a DB meter to have same volumes of rhythm / Leads.....

BUT what happens LIVE : in the band mix sometimes my cleans or Distorted amps seems to need more / less volume to cut the same way in the live band mix.

So, really a huge bummer in this case :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I have edited the topic title ......:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

To me it happens quite often that I need to edit my amp settings LIVE....mainly Levels or even decide to use another Amp...so that way I am totally screwed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Don't have the time to go through even 2-5 patches when you are performing....there are no breaks between songs that I can kneel down for 2-3 min to edit....

This is really a huge bummer....so have to really rethink my AX8 purchase unfortunately :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thanks for al the help .

I have edited the topic title ......:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

To me it happens quite often that I need to edit my amp settings LIVE....mainly Levels or even decide to use another Amp...so that way I am totally screwed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Don't have the time to go through even 2-5 patches when you are performing....there are no breaks between songs that I can kneel down for 2-3 min to edit....

This is really a huge bummer....so have to really rethink my AX8 purchase unfortunately :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thanks for al the help .

Maybe there is a way for them to add this feature down the road, but it sounds like the architecture is missing something that enabled this on the Axe-Fx II. No argument from me about this feature request, but I saw your updated thread title. You said you are thinking of cancelling your order. So you already received an invite and placed an order? What time did you receive your confirmation when you signed up for the list? If you actually already ordered then it seems they usually ship almost immediately, so you might want to check really quick if you are cancelling.

I can do quick edits WITHOUT ax8 edit across 4 banks (of 4 presets) in under a minute. Not super hard. I've done it under the gun on gigs or between set breaks. Use both hands, just be familiar with the menus etc.

Especially when leveling off amp blocks or making a minor adjustment to a block that's in all your presets (i.e. Reverb or delay).

It's not a huge thing missing. Honestly, I haven't found too much of a need for it anymore since there are soft knobs for the amp
Block. M The global block function on the AxeFx is sure convenient, but I remember the days of editing the ultra on the front screen without axe edit.

Edit: some tips
1) make your presets uniform across ALL your presets. Blocks in the same locations etc

2) use the shift lock function and the E knob to rotate.

3) If adjusting amp level. Use the VU meter menu. The ax8 will revert back to that every time you go to the set up menu. It will help to easily make fine adjustments using the A knob. I begged for this feature and Joe obliged. (Love you Joe, thanks)

4) assign the function switches to cycle through your banks so you can add some speed to cycling through your presets.

All the tips above were my workarounds because I had to be able to adjust blocks and amp settings mid gig with haste. Just takes some practice and some familiarity with the menus.

Last edited:
The AX8 was not designed for use with Global Block, and there are no plans to add them.. You already have similar capabilities in AX8-Edit.

How do you see the use of Axe edit happening in LIVE situations Joe when it comes to some quick editing in for example the amp settings , and repeat that through many presets ( for example 10 ) which most of the users will have for sure ?

Without Globals , it seems like the AX8 is loosing its great purpose...because I really like ALL the smart features and stuff...BUT no globals : like cutting one of my balls....o_O

Don't you guys sound check before a show? How many leads do you need? You can systematically increase all levels, so the only time I would see the need is if they aren't popping enough. I think you could determine that before a sound check, then adjust before you actually hit the stage.

Maybe there is a way for them to add this feature down the road, but it sounds like the architecture is missing something that enabled this on the Axe-Fx II. No argument from me about this feature request, but I saw your updated thread title. You said you are thinking of cancelling your order. So you already received an invite and placed an order? What time did you receive your confirmation when you signed up for the list? If you actually already ordered then it seems they usually ship almost immediately, so you might want to check really quick if you are cancelling.

I had myself put on the unofficial list at G66 once the news came out of the AX8....i will get mine probably with the first shipment coming to EU, hopefully soon..

BUT what happens LIVE : in the band mix sometimes my cleans or Distorted amps seems to need more / less volume to cut the same way in the live band mix.

Volume pedal?

Also, with the top panel knobs it's now very easy to adjust Level and store the preset. Matter of seconds.

Don't you guys sound check before a show? How many leads do you need? You can systematically increase all levels, so the only time I would see the need is if they aren't popping enough. I think you could determine that before a sound check, then adjust before you actually hit the stage.

No soundcheck....we play IEM and with digital FOH with saved presets for everybody....

As mentioned , sometimes i leave to a gig after updating firmware and choosing another amp because they sound better for example....how it will behave in LIVE mix, who can tell 100% especially the levels....

Reactions: sam
Volume pedal?

Also, with the top panel knobs it's now very easy to adjust Level and store the preset. Matter of seconds.

i will use only 1 Exp pedal for was purposes and 1 button to on / off VOLUME block with ON :-3db , off : 0 db...this decides my total volume
That is fine

BUT because I am always using AMP X/Y for clean / distorted Amps...: these amps have to be in balance with each other Level wise....and this changes often with every other amp

I will really dig into this deeper how to find a way of dealing with this in LIVE situations....so probably will wait till I get the AX8...try it out to see how fast I can go through preset editing in live situations.....

If AX8Edit is going to be the only solution, I may have to consider purchasing an "all-in-one" tablet/laptop... I currently only have a desktop computer (server), tablet and my phone (both run android). Then I could at least have a convenient way to do bulk edits with the software.

Back
Top Bottom