No-Edit Month?

Are you interested in making February a No-Edit month?

• I'm in!

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I'll think about it

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Don't think so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Are you nuts???

• Heretic! Burn him!!!

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I'd like to but I'm not ready

• Total voters

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
I'm considering declaring February a No-Edit Month.
No preset or layout tweaking.
Just play.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy exploring tones, and thinking about nicely ergonomic sets of options to have available, and ways to get to them.
But I also enjoy playing guitar, and have for a long time.
I have a bank plus a few worth of general-purpose presets I've been working on lately, plus a bunch of entertaining flotsam, and newly-reorganized layouts.

Maybe I'll just play.
If I decide to do it, as of 2/1/21, no fiddling until 3/1.
Anyone else interested?

Last edited:
I'm in after all.
We'll see if it sticks, but I bet it will.
I still hear scenes that are too loud, or too quiet, or too dirty, and I want to swap those two scenes because it makes subtly better sense to me, but it'll keep.

This thing sounds pretty good you know :)

So, how's it going folks?

I've kept to it, not even a big effort, though my music time has been somewhat limited.

Yesterday I did look to see what drive models I'd picked for extra boost in the scenes in on one preset, so technically I was in edit mode. But I wasn't there to edit and didn't.

If my Axe was frozen like it is now until the end of time, I'd live. Not sure I'd want to make it through major new firmware upgrades without touching anything. That hasn't been the case in the past, I both wanted to fix up my tones, and to try and/or use the new toys.

But that's not the point. It's fun to use it more or less like an amp. Or really a dozen of em, each with multiple channels ready to go. Yes some of my levels need work, and I have fun exploring.

But I also have fun NOT exploring beyond what I already built, just using that.

Anyone else actually doing this?

So, how's it going folks?

I've kept to it, not even a big effort, though my music time has been somewhat limited.

Yesterday I did look to see what drive models I'd picked for extra boost in the scenes in on one preset, so technically I was in edit mode. But I wasn't there to edit and didn't.

If my Axe was frozen like it is now until the end of time, I'd live. Not sure I'd want to make it through major new firmware upgrades without touching anything. That hasn't been the case in the past, I both wanted to fix up my tones, and to try and/or use the new toys.

But that's not the point. It's fun to use it more or less like an amp. Or really a dozen of em, each with multiple channels ready to go. Yes some of my levels need work, and I have fun exploring.

But I also have fun NOT exploring beyond what I already built, just using that.

Anyone else actually doing this?
Created a new preset for the CarolAnn Triptik. Sorry. Not sorry. ;)

Back
Top Bottom