no distortion from IIC++

Darkkillity

hi
I'm new to the Axe 3, already created tones from scratch, then went on YouTube to check for metal patches and i found video of Todd Leon creating one with IICC++, I've followed everything step by step but when I turned the amp on i had zero distortion... even when I maxed the drive I've got only small distortion.

is there a setting I messed up that effect all the amps?

Amp Modeling Enabled in global setup? Amp block not bypassed? If so, try resetting the Amp block itself, do drive changes work now?

thanks for the quick reply guys.
amp modeling is on in the global setup, and when I choose IIC+ or IIC+ Red there is some distortion but not the IIC++.

I've attached the preset.

Attachments

• Mesa.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
Yep, same here. Preset sounds normal for me on FW 17.01. Plenty of gain.

Maybe check your Input Level and Input Gain settings in the I/O menu. I've got my Input Level at about 15 to 20% for my Duncan JB pickup and Input Gain should be at 1.00 for unity gain.

Last edited:
Yep, same here. Preset sounds normal for me on FW 17.01. Plenty of gain.

Maybe check your Input Level and Input Gain settings in the I/O menu. I've got my Input Level at about 15 to 20% for my Duncan JB pickup and Input Gain should be at 1.00 for unity gain.
all 50% and input gain is 1.00 by default

What guitar are you using?
As active pickups or circuit, then check the battery.
Do you have another guitar you can try it with? You might not be getting any signal from the guitar.

The other approach would be to factory reset the unit
tried it with another guitar..same result, both with EMG active pickups and sounds amazing on the other presets.

so I'll have to reset it and see what happens

Really weird, 2C++ sounds weak to me as well on my dimarzio illuminators, but on my emg 81/85's , dimarzio d'activators its not so bad,

Alternatively try adding alot of preamp gain. to see if it makes it any better for you.

Cable issue?

Edit: if signal in is good, that would indicate something else.
yes the signal is fine because I tried with other amps.
Really weird, 2C++ sounds weak to me as well on my dimarzio illuminators, but on my emg 81/85's , dimarzio d'activators its not so bad,

Alternatively try adding alot of preamp gain. to see if it makes it any better for you.
is it completely clean on your dimarzio?

I have a JP6 that I put an Illuminator in the bridge position and it sounds great with the C++

i have that in the neck position for leads, again i will not say it sounds bad with 2c++ but rather less gainy compared to other pups.
By great, I meant plenty of gain (for me). Equal, or similar to all the other JP6 pickups I have used, but in your context, probably less gain than an EMG or D'Activator.

By great, I meant plenty of gain (for me). Equal, or similar to all the other JP6 pickups I have used, but in your context, probably less gain than an EMG or D'Activator.
the bridge output is stated 420 or 410 on dimarzio website for illuminator while its neck one is only 290. or so , that explains.

Back
Top Bottom