No consistent behaviour Push Value = Layout Menu

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Inconsistent User guidance behaviour:
Axe-Fx III FW1.10: push value = layout, no leaving via Exit possible

If you Enter the layout menu from HOME via
a) Push C Encoder [LAYOUT], you can exit and return to Home via EXIT button
b) Push ENTER button, you can exit and return to Home via EXIT button
c) Push VALUE Encoder [LAYOUT], you CANNOT exit and return to Home via EXIT button

According to FAS, this is by design.

Maybe because you can press the wheel at any point in the UI to display the layout grid.

I'd prefer the wheel press would activate layout only in home screen.
And it would better fit my needs if it would validate or act as enter on other screens

According to FAS, this is by design.

Maybe because you can press the wheel at any point in the UI to display the layout grid.
But why should`nt i can return to the previous page by pressing EXIT? Would make it more flexible and would suppport the logical user interface structure, IMO. EXIT = leave the page and return to from where i entered the actual menu. Should work gobally with this behaviour, no?!

I'd prefer the wheel press would activate layout only in home screen.
And it would better fit my needs if it would validate or act as enter on other screens

The PUSH Value behaviour is programmable. At the moment just with the entries NONE and LAYOUT. Hopefully, Cliff will ad a ENTER and other entrys (AMP2?!) soon ...

But why should`nt i can return to the previous page by pressing EXIT? Would make it more flexible and would suppport the logical user interface structure, IMO. EXIT = leave the page and return to from where i entered the actual menu. Should work gobally with this behaviour, no?!

My uneducated guess is that this would require bookmarking all possible entry points (to return, you have to know where you left), and that’s a lot of programming, considering the menu structure.

Back
Top Bottom