No comparison, none...

Digital Man

Inspired
I’m selling my Kemper. I’m so happy with my Axe III. I can now dial in an exact sound and it sounds amazing!! Never could with the Kemper, not even close!! After spending hundreds of dollars purchasing professional profiles and spending years of my time with the Kemper I’m thankful now to have the Axe Fx III!!

It’s completely obvious to my ears that there is a midrange compression going on in the Kemper that’s in every profile. You also cannot shape the EQ of the amp profile. You can add EQ to the Kemper which makes it sound nothing like the original. I just received the AxeIII and used the two side by side. It’s also impossible to map MIDI to more deep controls of effects parameters in the Kemper. The sound from the Axe is open and real and can be shaped like a real amp (which it is). There’s no comparison to my ears. The amps in the Axe are far superior. We already know the effects were far superior too. For my tests I used a Yamaha DXR 10. Buh bye Kemper..,

Last edited:
I’m selling my Kemper. I’m so happy with my Axe III. I can now dial in an exact sound and it sounds amazing!! Never could with the Kemper, not even close!! After spending hundreds of dollars purchasing professional profiles and spending years of my time with the Kemper I’m thankful now to have the Axe Fx III!!
sorry but im not agree,i own both devices and both devices are F awesome,and yes i can shape the EQ of the amp profile without any issue,the amps in the axe are not far superior,the affects on the axe are better but the effects in the Kemper are pretty good.

Seems to be the consensus among many. But, that midrange compression is still there on the Kemper and even after Factory resetting everything many times it’s still there. I think that by the Kemper editor coming out and by me a/bing them to my ears the Kemper sounded like cardboard comparatively. I put up many profiles by MBritt and compared the Fender Deluxe and I couldn’t believe my ears..

My Kemper is for sale if you’re interested? Comes with the case for $1600.00

Seems to be the consensus among many. But, that midrange compression is still there on the Kemper and even after Factory resetting everything many times it’s still there. I think that by the Kemper editor coming out and by me a/bing them to my ears the Kemper sounded like cardboard comparatively. I put up many profiles by MBritt and compared the Fender Deluxe and I couldn’t believe my ears..

My Kemper is for sale if you’re interested? Comes with the case for $1600.00
for me Kemper sound like a real amp,thank you for the offer but i just bough the Kemper Stage a few weeks ago.
glad that you liked the Axe 3.

It’s completely obvious to my ears that there is a midrange compression going on in the Kemper that’s in every profile. You also cannot shape the EQ of the amp profile. You can add EQ to the Kemper which makes it sound nothing like the original. I just received the AxeIII and used the two side by side. It’s also impossible to map MIDI to more deep controls of effects parameters in the Kemper. The sound from the Axe is open and real and can be shaped like a real amp (which it is). There’s no comparison to my ears. The amps in the Axe are far superior. We already know the effects were far superior too. For my tests I used a Yamaha DXR 10. Buh bye Kemper..,
Yeah man - there’s no comparison. I always heard a sameness to all the profiles in the Kemper. All of the Axe amps sound like different amps - and yeah it’s in the midrange. And it’s not just an equalization thing. It’s the way the amp changes dynamically changes as you play it. Not volume dynamics, I mean like tonal dynamics. Seriously - if this is as good as it ever got in the digital domain, I’d be completely fine...but I’m sitting here thinking, what the hell else can they do to make it sound better?

Back
Top Bottom