No communication with Axe-Edit after updating to 19.01b

USMC_Trev

Axe-Master
Communication breakdown. Per the title, no comms with AE after updating to 19.01 beta 1.

For the record everything was working fine between axe edit and the unit the last time I used any of it. I powered up, updated the unit via fractal bot and AE will not connect.

Chris - update. Quit FractalBot and started AE, no problems. Is that a bug in itself? I thought they could be running simultaneously. I seem to recall having them both running in the past with no conflicts. OS X 10.10.4.

Hmmm. Not a bug here with my XL.
I tried difference combinations of which app to start first with no issues.
OS 10.11beta

no, it makes sense. Axe-Edit is constantly polling for things, and if Fractal-Bot is also using that USB channel and requesting from the Axe (or vice-versa) it can make things stop working.

definitely only have 1 open at a time - Bot or Edit.

Hey,

I'm having similar problems.

Finally, I updated my AxeFX 2 to FW 19.00 yesterday.
My laptop is almost new and has never seen any fractal drivers and software before. Well, it's running on Win10; this might be a problem?

AxeEdit connects with my AxeFX but after a while it says communication error. Sometimes it reconnects after a few minutes doing nothing, but most times it stays "frozen". Restarting AxeEdit solves the problem. But doing that every 5 minutes is a bit annoying. Running fractalBot or not doesn't make any difference.
Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Glad you got it sorted out so quickly.

Would be very cool if this was "one" app. Doesn't seem like that big a deal programming wise. Add bot capabilities to axe edit.

Although I'm with Fw 19.00, I have the same problem. Most of the times reloading axe-edit doesn't help, I have to restart the axe fx. I had no problem with previous axe fx / axe edit Fw versions, never had any freeze. No it's very often, and when it freezes (communication time out message) Fractal Bot 3 freezes too... I then have to close them 2 with the task manager, the program interfaces doesn't work. FWIW, the PC is recent, powerfull, with plenty of memory and windows 7 is running.

Hey,

I'm having similar problems.

Finally, I updated my AxeFX 2 to FW 19.00 yesterday.
My laptop is almost new and has never seen any fractal drivers and software before. Well, it's running on Win10; this might be a problem?

AxeEdit connects with my AxeFX but after a while it says communication error. Sometimes it reconnects after a few minutes doing nothing, but most times it stays "frozen". Restarting AxeEdit solves the problem. But doing that every 5 minutes is a bit annoying. Running fractalBot or not doesn't make any difference.
Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom