Wish No Cabs Global OUT2

I've been thinking about this as well. The way I interpret the current firmware you can exclude the power amp and the cab from a preset sound (regardless of where you have placed the amp and cab block in your preset) by using the Global Settings according to below picture. My conclusion is that even if a preset have an amp och cab block these are removed from the final signal coming from OUT 1 and (depending on global setting) OUT 2.

upload_2018-11-12_12-18-31.png

My suggestion is to move these settings from the Global Settings menu to the I/O Settings menu. In the I/O menu you can set a few things separately for OUT 1 and OUT 2. The AUDIO page of the I/O menu contains parameters that affect audio routing.

Today the menu looks like this:

OUT 1 (MAIN) MODE
OUT 1 (MAIN) PHASE
IN 2 (FX RTN) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) PHASE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO

I suggest that it looks like this:

OUT 1 (MAIN) MODE
OUT 1 (MAIN) PHASE
OUT 1 POWER AMP MODELLING (ON/OFF)
OUT 1 CAB MODELING (ON/OFF)

IN 2 (FX RTN) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) PHASE
OUT 2 POWER AMP MODELLING (ON/OFF)
OUT 2 CAB MODELING (ON/OFF)

OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO

I realize that this suggestion makes the existing OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO option a bit challenging to work logically from a user
perspective so I suggest the following:

Rename OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO to OUT 2 (FX SEND) SOURCE

The options here could be:
NONE: no signal (may not be needed)
FXLOOP: same as NONE today
INPUT 1: same as INPUT 1 Today
PRESET: delivers whatever is in the preset with the addition of the settings you have choosen for OUT 2 POWER AMP MODELLING (ON/OFF) and OUT 2 CAB MODELING (ON/OFF).

I'm not 100% done with my thinking here but maybe this can wake up some ideas at Fractal. :)

Regards
Georg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-12_12-17-52.png
    upload_2018-11-12_12-17-52.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 2
Not possible. It's all or nothing.

Think about it: disabling power amp modeling for just one output and keeping it enabled for another output requires two different digital signals on the grid.

Not possible. It's all or nothing.

Think about it: disabling power amp modeling for just one output and keeping it enabled for another output requires two different digital signals on the grid.
This. You’d need two Amp blocks — one for each output. And you’d need to duplicate every block after the Amp block.

Then maybe a way to include an FXLoop block in every preset to tap out the sound just before the cab block?

Then maybe a way to include an FXLoop block in every preset to tap out the sound just before the cab block?
what if there are effects after the cab block?

the way to include it in every preset is to place it there as needed and arrange blocks as needed.

With great power comes great responsibility (like having to place FXL blocks in your presets).

what if there are effects after the cab block?

the way to include it in every preset is to place it there as needed and arrange blocks as needed.

Well, the user guide could give the tip that in order to use that feature you should place the cab block last in every preset. Just thinking of a way to not have to include an FXLoop block in every single preset but it's a bit of a work around I admit.

Well, the user guide could give the tip that in order to use that feature you should place the cab block last in every preset.
i think it doesn't say that specifically because you don't need to place the Cab block last. but perhaps many will want to. the image in the manual does show this setup.

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.44.38 PM.png

I've been thinking about this as well. The way I interpret the current firmware you can exclude the power amp and the cab from a preset sound (regardless of where you have placed the amp and cab block in your preset) by using the Global Settings according to below picture. My conclusion is that even if a preset have an amp och cab block these are removed from the final signal coming from OUT 1 and (depending on global setting) OUT 2.

View attachment 50580

My suggestion is to move these settings from the Global Settings menu to the I/O Settings menu. In the I/O menu you can set a few things separately for OUT 1 and OUT 2. The AUDIO page of the I/O menu contains parameters that affect audio routing.

Today the menu looks like this:

OUT 1 (MAIN) MODE
OUT 1 (MAIN) PHASE
IN 2 (FX RTN) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) PHASE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO

I suggest that it looks like this:

OUT 1 (MAIN) MODE
OUT 1 (MAIN) PHASE
OUT 1 POWER AMP MODELLING (ON/OFF)
OUT 1 CAB MODELING (ON/OFF)

IN 2 (FX RTN) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) PHASE
OUT 2 POWER AMP MODELLING (ON/OFF)
OUT 2 CAB MODELING (ON/OFF)

OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO

I think a simple source block will do the trick.

OUT 1 (MAIN) MODE
OUT 1 (MAIN) PHASE
IN 2 (FX RTN) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) SOURCE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) MODE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) PHASE
OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO

SOURCE is the output of any inventory block; no block in preset, no signal in out 2. Default is <LOOP>, same behaviuor as actual firmware. Setting any other source override the fx send.

Back
Top Bottom