No axe edit for Mac?

Real men use dd to manually edit disk sectors to write sysx.
As I learned very early in my career, real men use rows of toggle switches to program the individual memory locations on a 4-bit processor, one 4-bit nibble at a time.

I can't wait for the edit also. I will say it's incredibly easy to edit on the front panel. I never edited on the unit for all my previous units. Too lazy haha... but on this one, it's very clear. Still, I'm lazy and would love the edit.

While I'm sure when it's available I'll switch over to Axe-Edit, I'm from the old school group that started on the first generation when you had no other option but the front panel. I see how the editing on the front panel has evolved, but it's still based on the same conceptual thinking I learned on that. Pretty easy with this new one. Main reason I'm looking forward to Axe-Edit is so that I can move the unit to another location and not keep it where it is.

Oh, and in my day I used to walk 6 miles to school every day, in the snow... uphill both ways.

As I learned very early in my career, real men use rows of toggle switches to program the individual memory locations on a 4-bit processor, one 4-bit nibble at a time.

You had it easy. Real men used to manually punch cards while simultaneously smoking a pipe, engaging in a gentleman's bare-knuckle fight, commenting on how it used to be "all fields around here", all while sporting a quite dapper moustache.

Reactions: Rex
With the UI on the unit so great, not having axe edit ain't that bad.

Totally agree that front panel editing is very nice...however...

Without AxeEdit, there's no way to copy a channel from one preset and paste it into a different preset. That made it more difficult than I would have liked to have 1 preset with amp/cab/drive ABCD values that came from other presets. (I'm using stuff from the AC20, Dream Verb, Dirty Shirley and Forty Mile Town factory presets all in 1 preset with scenes - but I had to manually create everything instead of simply doing a copy/paste).

It wasn't horrible...and the payoff of using the III live this weekend will be well worth it, but definitely felt the impact of not having AxeEdit.

Back
Top Bottom