No ‘VU’ page in Utilities?

Lee Servis

Inspired
Hi, I’ve been working my way through Chris’s very useful Beginner’s AX8 Tutorial and came across the section where it shows you how to use the VU meters (in Utilities) to make sure your presets are of a similar level. However, my AX8 - bought new from G66 18 months ago seems to be ‘missing’ the VU tab - it currently goes from Status to Reset tabs. On Chris’s tutorial his AX8 has a “VU” between those two. I’m baffled as to why mine is absent. Any ideas anyone? I thank in advance anyone who takes the time to come to my rescue. Many thanks.

As far as I remember, you find it if you press „Shift + Page >>“. It was the last page in the preset view.

Hi Moerker... thank you, I’ll try that - but on Chris’s vid it just seemed to be there among the Utility tabs/ pages when he hit Footswitch 3. Maybe he’d set things up differently on his AX8 but doesn’t mention it in his vid. Thanks again, I’ll let you know how I get on.

Hi again, you’re absolutely right. Thanks Moerker - much appreciated. That’s why I love this forum SO much: ask... and you almost certainly get the answer you’re looking for. Tak care and stay safe.

Hi Moerker... thank you, I’ll try that - but on Chris’s vid it just seemed to be there among the Utility tabs/ pages when he hit Footswitch 3. Maybe he’d set things up differently on his AX8 but doesn’t mention it in his vid. Thanks again, I’ll let you know how I get on.
Sorry about that. I never got to editing that video and resending it. It used to be on utility but now is just the last page of the main view.

Thanks for clarifying Chris. Great video by the way. I used to be wary of using the unit itself to do my editing etc., but your video has been very liberating in that sense... plus the USB on my AX8 ‘broke’, so now “hands on the unit” is the only option for me. Lol. But your vid has really helped in that sense. Oh, one quick question: is it easy to edit scene controllers (which I often use for amp drive levels) in the unit itself? I don’t think I saw that covered in your vid. Many, many thanks. Lee

Thanks for clarifying Chris. Great video by the way. I used to be wary of using the unit itself to do my editing etc., but your video has been very liberating in that sense... plus the USB on my AX8 ‘broke’, so now “hands on the unit” is the only option for me. Lol. But your vid has really helped in that sense. Oh, one quick question: is it easy to edit scene controllers (which I often use for amp drive levels) in the unit itself? I don’t think I saw that covered in your vid. Many, many thanks. Lee
Assign the controller by selecting the parameter - you can turn the knob under the screen to change it briefly and that will select it. Then press Enter. Assign the source to a Scene Controller.

Then go back to the main page and page right to the list with Controllers, find Scene controllers, and adjust there.

Thanks very, very much for the prompt response Chris. Really appreciated. Basically, I followed your tutorial on the VU meter levelling - not realising it works for the whole preset and not scene by scene. Doh!!! So once I lowered some of the louder scenes, it then ‘made’ the quieter scenes really quiet. I’m beginning to realise there’s more to making a multi-scene preset than meets the eye - or, rather, I’m a bit of a numbskull when it comes to the whole modelling thing. My drive block volumes were probably too high to begin with and I need to get a better overall volume balance to avoid ‘too quiet’ cleans and ‘overly loud’ crunch/ solo sounds. But it’s a learning curve I’m beginning to enjoy more and more, having come from years of tune amps and a few analog pedals. Thanks again for the vid... it’s definitely helping me make my way. Take care and stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom