NL212 vs Port City 2x12 OS

bgrizzmayne

Inspired
Thinking about a port city with an alnico and greenback, or a matrix NL212. The power amp is a gt1000fx. Looking for country to rock lead tones. I hear GREAT things about the NL212, too good to be true?

Just picked up the NL212 and initial impression: Wow! Amazing! Haven't used it at rehearsal or on stage yet, but so far it's everything I've been hoping for.

still extremely torn on this issue- Matrix might be more versatile but I wonder about sending a feed to FOH with the matrix...bceause there is no IR of it, not sure what I'd use. Just don't know what I want!

I'm thinking either scumbacks or V30's in the port city if I get one. Maybe one of each? Maybe someone can chime in on which speaker to go with

I send the new OH Ultra Res to the FOH and the NL212 onstage, so far I'm loving it. I don't worry about making them sound similar, as long as both sound good I'm happy.

U can still use ultrares for FOH and recording...by going FRFR arent u missing the real and def. better amp in the room guitar tone? :) (Especially in small clubs and rehearslals)

By going with a NON FRFR arent you missing out on the UltraRes developments?

Yek, how do you like your port city OS and what speakers do you have in it? Do you find the color of those speakers limits your axe's versatility? I know you've got the vertical one

Yek, how do you like your port city OS and what speakers do you have in it? Do you find the color of those speakers limits your axe's versatility? I know you've got the vertical one

I've got a PC Wave 1x12 with an Austin Speaker Works KTS-70, and a PC Wave Vertical 2x12 with the same speaker and a EV 12L in it.