Nita Strauss and Fractal

She is endorser of Boss, Marshall, Ibanez, Dimarzio, D'Addario, and Grover Allman picks.

BTW, If I got to grab a new Ibanez, I would seriously consider her signature model, and perhaps swap the pickups

When she was sparring with Vai in that one video, if you stop to listen (not watch the eye candy), her tone is better than Vai's with all his t00bz.

I love specific Boss guitar sounds. Not many; but the ones I love hold up against anything else I have tried. That being said; her tones in this video are atrocious.

Seen her with Alice Cooper in 2018 at the Jubilee here in Calgary, was a muddy mess couldn't hear anything unfortunately, whomever was mixing the room blew it. My date enjoyed her solo though, she's definitely got the poses down :cool:

This was in my feed recently, She has a little solo at 48:08, should play from there

Last edited:
I spoke with her at last (live) winter NAMM: nice and smart girl BUT she told me her relationship with Boss is very very “strong” 😉. Don’t like her sound but he has a very good technique.

I remember watching this video and thinking, gawd, that tone is awful. I've also watched her playing with Vai, and I'm sorry, but it just sounded like some fast shredding, but just a bunch of notes.

If I understood her correctly, her band uses Fractal and she uses the Boss?
You know, I've been in that situation before, where you want to be using something different (for whatever reason, if even if doesn't make sense), yet there's this little voice that keeps telling you to just give it up already. It sounds great, so who cares if you'll all be using the same thing? I'm thinking, if she's using that Boss board, and the others are using Fractal, then maybe there's something like what I described going on...?

You know, I've been in that situation before, where you want to be using something different (for whatever reason, if even if doesn't make sense), yet there's this little voice that keeps telling you to just give it up already. It sounds great, so who cares if you'll all be using the same thing? I'm thinking, if she's using that Boss board, and the others are using Fractal, then maybe there's something like what I described going on...?
Yeah, we can never know the real deal. Could be many factors. Could be she's just comfortable and doesn't want to learn a new system. I just thought that was really interesting that someone in the band is using Fractal (apparently at least two others).

Yeah, we can never know the real deal. Could be many factors. Could be she's just comfortable and doesn't want to learn a new system. I just thought that was really interesting that someone in the band is using Fractal (apparently at least two others).
Yeah when she said, "...take your cameras...all the Fractals...", I thought, "Ok, scuse me, we'll be right back."

My experience with some GREAT players over the decades is that they all don't know,
or even care about, "tone." Some just don't give a damn.
There could definitely be something in that. I can't presume to know her mind, but (and taking the YT audio with a grain of salt) there are some really bad tones in that video. She's clearly practiced her craft extensively and can shred with the best though.

Back
Top Bottom