Nile Rodgers patch

Great Preset, thanks!

Just for anyone else who didn't have a sound a first: The Volume Pedal was connected to an external source and I had to change the cabinet.
Now it plays perfectly.

Great job!

Get great NILE DIRECT sounds by running an amp with no cab block. Use a 4-band passive GEQ in the amp block for quick and dirty tone changes, and follow with a PEQ for more sweeping or precision EQ.

Great Preset, thanks!

Just for anyone else who didn't have a sound a first: The Volume Pedal was connected to an external source and I had to change the cabinet.
Now it plays perfectly.

Great job!

Thank you, and yes I use a volume pedal block in all my presets. I always played with a volume pedal and it's hard to let that go haha!
Did you use a factory cab? Curious which one you choose.

Get great NILE DIRECT sounds by running an amp with no cab block. Use a 4-band passive GEQ in the amp block for quick and dirty tone changes, and follow with a PEQ for more sweeping or precision EQ.

That sounds very interesting, I'm definitely going to give that a try.
Any suggestions for the amp block?

Here's an old patch I think I got from AdminMatt somewhere along the way that does the direct thing, deffo gives that Niles quack

I've just tried a quick test to see if you can mix both tones in a patch, the DI and an amp and from where I'm sitting it's a nice mix of the two, warmer amp tone and the DI'd tone

Attachments

• Niles.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Niles Chic.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 42
Thank you! I downloaded the two patches and can't wait to try them. Unfortunately I have to wait 'till tomorrow after work.

Thanks again!

Thank you! I downloaded the two patches and can't wait to try them. Unfortunately I have to wait 'till tomorrow after work.

Thanks again!

You're welcome!

After I posted I connected the volume on the cab block to my expression pedal and used it to mix in and out the amp tone, really useful to colour the DI'd tone

Back
Top Bottom