Nightwish - Ever Dream (feat. Minniva)

Jotun666

Inspired
Hi, friends!

Here you have my latest cover at Jotun Studio: Ever Dream from Nightwish, with the amazing Minniva at vocals.

I recorded guitars and bass using my Axe FX II, and played/programmed drums and orchestra.

I hope you like it, share it and if you are interested in my services, please contact me.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, just a little bump to know your thoughts about it, please. Do you like the guitar tone and the mixing?

Cheers!

Its good I like it. My only thought on the mixing and tone is that you might benefit from some additional tonal separation between the bass and the guitar. They are locked in together nice and tight on the beat though.

Its good I like it. My only thought on the mixing and tone is that you might benefit from some additional tonal separation between the bass and the guitar. They are locked in together nice and tight on the beat though.

Thanks, man, glad you liked it!

How would you separate them? I like the bass adding that low end to the guitar, but I want to know your opinion on this, please.

Cheers!

Hello

Great cover! You did an awesome job. For me the guitar sound is a bit too much scooped, you cannot separate it really well from the bass. A bit more mids would make it cut more in the mix.

Great track, and singer, post more :)

Regards

Thanks, man, glad you liked it!

How would you separate them? I like the bass adding that low end to the guitar, but I want to know your opinion on this, please.

Cheers!
Possibly expand the bass a bit more into the lower frequencies and add a little bit more presence and highs to the guitar. Changing the stereo separation between the two tracks might also be a good option. There is more than enough sonic spectrum that the instruments should be able to complement each other without sitting so ontop of each as to possibly drown the harmonics of the other out.

Hello

Great cover! You did an awesome job. For me the guitar sound is a bit too much scooped, you cannot separate it really well from the bass. A bit more mids would make it cut more in the mix.

Great track, and singer, post more :)

Regards

Thanks a lot! Glad you liked it so much.

I think I may have cut too much mids in the guitar (or in the mix), thanks for the feedback!

The singer is amazing. I have another cover already made with her, so stay tuned ;)

Possibly expand the bass a bit more into the lower frequencies and add a little bit more presence and highs to the guitar. Changing the stereo separation between the two tracks might also be a good option. There is more than enough sonic spectrum that the instruments should be able to complement each other without sitting so ontop of each as to possibly drown the harmonics of the other out.

I get what you say, but expanding the bass too much also will fight with the bass drum, and I like it to be punchy. Also, I don´t like the guitars to be too trebly, so that´s why I may have cut the highs that much.

You mean not panning the guitars the same percentage?

Thanks for the input, man!

Cheers!

Fantastic singer! This is one of my favourite Nightwish songs. Any chance you have the Midi files and DI's for this track? I'd love to give the mix a shot.

Fantastic singer! This is one of my favourite Nightwish songs. Any chance you have the Midi files and DI's for this track? I'd love to give the mix a shot.

Thanks, man! Glad you liked Minniva´s voice. She´s an amazing singer, yeah. We´ve got some more covers yet to come, so stay tuned!

Sorry, but I didn´t track DIs for this.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom