Nick Johnston Tone Request

HaxFX

Does anyone have a decent patch for a tone like Nick Johnstons? I've been after it for some time, and can't seem to dial it in. Thanks in advance.

Just bumping this thread up; I did a bunch of presets for him and are available for you to try on the axe change. Demo's here:

I agree they are not perfect, but love to know your feedback on them. Cheers!

If I was using a real tube amp to try to dupe this tone... a Peavey Classic 30 or Princeton Reverb would be the place that I'd start. Look at the Fender blackface amp models (deluxe verb, double verb, prince tone, tremolo lux, or vibrato verb). I'd try the "prince tone" first. An alnico (blue/silver) speaker cab to add the sparkly highs, add studio compression block after the amp. My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
If I was using a real tube amp to try to dupe this tone... a Peavey Classic 30 or Princeton Reverb would be the place that I'd start. Look at the Fender blackface amp models (deluxe verb, double verb, prince tone, tremolo lux, or vibrato verb). I'd try the "prince tone" first. An alnico (blue/silver) speaker cab to add the sparkly highs, add studio compression block after the amp. My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Thanks a lot for the advice! Would love to try it out. I went completely with a Friedman Amp for the 'Impossible things' song as Nick mentioned in multiple interviews that he had just used the 'Friedman BE' amp for all his tones on the album. But, I understand that there are no rules here :) Would give your suggestions a try and report back! Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom