AFIII Nick Johnston goes Dumble [preset included]

Thank you. I still have to learn the whole song. Some licks are impossible :sweatsmile:

Kudos for taking on an Nick Johnston track!... Remarkably Human is a treasure of a guitar album.

Hey, what axe / pickups are you playing through on this? I've been considering a NJ signature.

A Fender American Deluxe with the Gilmour Black Strat set: Fender CS Fat '50 (neck) Seymour Duncan SSL-5 (bridge) Fender CS '69 (mid)
Neck pup almost all times, except bridge at the intro and the end.

I was also considering getting the NJ US signature, but I have to sell one my guitars to get another (wife rules), so I have ordered a Seymour Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot set, to install at this American Deluxe. Once I get them, I will record over that same track with the same preset, for comparing.

By the way it has inspired me to purchase some Nick Johnston!

Read the review of the album this track is from and pleased to see Bryan Beller and Gavin Harrison are also on board as a nice bonus :)

Last edited:
"I really like what Friedman Amplification is doing. I recorded my new album entirely with 2 of their heads. I used the Brown Eye/Hairy Brown Eye for all of the leads and The Dirty Shirley for all of the rhythms. I'm totally in love with those amplifiers!" -Nick Johnston

"I really like what Friedman Amplification is doing. I recorded my new album entirely with 2 of their heads. I used the Brown Eye/Hairy Brown Eye for all of the leads and The Dirty Shirley for all of the rhythms. I'm totally in love with those amplifiers!" -Nick Johnston

I started with the Friedman and Mesa, because they are the ones that he has been using, but I was not entirely satisfied with the close-to-breakup tone until I tried the Bludojai and the Caroll-Ann

Back
Top Bottom