Nice Rack Canada | Gig Lab

Greetings Everyone,

I'm Mike Vegas, my wife Holly & I operate a rig building shop in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

After thousands of gigs as guitar technician & rig builder for many international artists including Kiss, Rammstein, The Smashing Pumpkins, Guns N Roses & The Cult, I retired from the road & we opened our first shop in 2009.

From our first year in business we started building Axe FX Ultra rigs, and have continued through the entire lineage of Fractal Audio products for our clients over the last decade.

Please note that in addition to our independent rig building and other services, we sometimes work with Fractal Audio in an official capacity as an authorized service centre for Canadian customers.

We offer the following Fractal Audio related services.
  • Rig Building
  • Programming
  • Repairs
In our Gig Lab we offer musicians, producers, mixers & technicians a opportunity to interact with Fractal Audio products and other silent backline solutions with our technical support to help potential & new users derives the maximum value from their Fractal Audio purchases.

You can learn more about our array of services & goods by visiting our website www.NiceRackCanada.com

Below are photos from some of the Fractal Audio rig builds we have done over the years.

FX8 Farewell.jpg

AX8 NRC Instagram.jpg

WDWow_1.jpg

Mark Day AX8 Instagram.jpg

AX8_P&W_Bass_Rig_Instagram.jpg

AX8_TriplePlay_FC-1_Instagram_2.jpg

Axe FX II RAC12 Matrix GT1000 Port City MasterMind GT-22 BC Instagram.jpg

Warp Power Rack Front & back.jpg

Axe_FX_Wizard_Matrix_MFC101_Meyer_Instagram.jpg

That is exactly how it should be done. Once I was doing the cabling and wiring for living, it looked same way (control rooms and control systems in chemical indistries). Now I do not have enough time to build rigs for my band and friends, so original power adapters and cables stays original, only utilized in esthetic way... Huge respets for your work, stuff you built shall become worldwide standard for buiding racks and pedalboards.

That is exactly how it should be done. Once I was doing the cabling and wiring for living, it looked same way (control rooms and control systems in chemical indistries). Now I do not have enough time to build rigs for my band and friends, so original power adapters and cables stays original, only utilized in esthetic way... Huge respets for your work, stuff you built shall become worldwide standard for buiding racks and pedalboards.

Thanks for the very kind words about our work! :) We try to do the very best that we can for every customer.

I've also posted about your work on the MMGT forum. It's beautiful, clean, and so easy to trace / troubleshoot. That really is gorgeous work.
Thank you for the compliments on our work. We appreciate the positive support, it really means a lot to our family business.

You can see my board from Nice Rack Canada in the FM3 Rigs thread.
Mike does extraordinary work. It really exceeds my expectations.
Mike also provides excellent customer service if you’re too stupid to plug your guitar in right lol.

Hey Mike, I work in the CNC Machinery industry and we have "cable carrier drag chains" that house cable bundles and keep them protected and untangled while the machine is moving, while allowing the components to maintain connectivity during the movement.

I, myself, have been frustrated about building my rack where I have, let's say, 3-4 rack shelves with stomp boxes, to leave enough slack in the cables to allow for the shelves to be fully extended. I often have scenarios where the slack of cable dangling will get snagged on the shelf below it, or even snag a rotary setting knob on a stompbox, and change my settings. Sometimes, the change could go unnoticed for a long time, until I need and engage that other stompbox.

I was looking at your impeccable work, and the cable leashes I see for your shelves, and it occurred to me, that a cable chain system might work for rack installed drawers. You could for instance pull a shelf all the way out, have the cable chain installed from front to back along the right or left side of the rack wall, and parallel to the movement of the shelf, but installed slightly above the shelf sliders. Run enough cable slack so that when the shelf is extended maximum, the cable lays in the cable chain comfortably, then close and lock the cable carrier chain, and close the shelf, so that the cable chain curves back on top of itself and lays down. Here is a video I found on Youtube that explains the concept and use. I am not affiliated in any way with this product.

Perhaps with the right sized (thickness, and duty level) cable carrier chain, you could make it fit in a rack mounted constricted environment, where you might have many rack shelves in close proximity to one another.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey Mike, I work in the CNC Machinery industry and we have "cable carrier drag chains" that house cable bundles and keep them protected and untangled while the machine is moving, while allowing the components to maintain connectivity during the movement.

I, myself, have been frustrated about building my rack where I have, let's say, 3-4 rack shelves with stomp boxes, to leave enough slack in the cables to allow for the shelves to be fully extended. I often have scenarios where the slack of cable dangling will get snagged on the shelf below it, or even snag a rotary setting knob on a stompbox, and change my settings. Sometimes, the change could go unnoticed for a long time, until I need and engage that other stompbox.

I was looking at your impeccable work, and the cable leashes I see for your shelves, and it occurred to me, that a cable chain system might work for rack installed drawers. You could for instance pull a shelf all the way out, have the cable chain installed from front to back along the right or left side of the rack wall, and parallel to the movement of the shelf, but installed slightly above the shelf sliders. Run enough cable slack so that when the shelf is extended maximum, the cable lays in the cable chain comfortably, then close and lock the cable carrier chain, and close the shelf, so that the cable chain curves back on top of itself and lays down. Here is a video I found on Youtube that explains the concept and use. I am not affiliated in any way with this product.

Perhaps with the right sized (thickness, and duty level) cable carrier chain, you could make it fit in a rack mounted constricted environment, where you might have many rack shelves in close proximity to one another.

Thanks

That's a great idea!

Back
Top Bottom