Nice Guy Dave Mustaine

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
Good guy Dave let's us know he has a job opening for a guitar tech. He must be a great boss. Who wants to apply?

Last edited:
Well, i need to know far more to this then just hearing Dave talk in that state of anger, i mean do we know exactly what kind of messup that Gtech did?

Cut Dave some slack, he is MEGADETH after all, what are we?

hmmm - wonder what the tech did that was so bad - curious minds want to know. Maybe he over-wrote Dave's #1 Rhythm patch with "Poltergeist Pig", or replaced his smooth lead boost drive pedal with "bit crusher" - yikes!

Wonder if the guy has to walk home from Australia now after getting sacked...hmm.

Will he get severance pay? ... doesn't sound like Dave is too keen on severance benefits at this juncture.

hmmm

Well, i need to know...... do we know exactly what kind of messup that Gtech did?
......Cut Dave some slack...

So we know Dave's a hothead, people might jump to conclude Dave just flew off the handle again and fired this guy. I think what you're saying is, we don't know the whole story. Maybe the tech really was incompetent, maybe his firing was completely justified. Maybe it was a long time coming, not just based on one bad show, and this guy finally ran out of chances.

No we don't need to know and no we don't need to cut him some slack. This is completely unprofessional.

AGREED!! No matter how bad he was. You fire him privately and move on... like the PROFESSIONAL he should be after all his years in the biz. You don't go on the internet and unload your anger to the public like a pissed off teenager.

So we know Dave's a hothead, people might jump to conclude Dave just flew off the handle again and fired this guy. I think what you're saying is, we don't know the whole story. Maybe the tech really was incompetent, maybe his firing was completely justified. Maybe it was a long time coming, not just based on one bad show, and this guy finally ran out of chances.

AGREED!! No matter how bad he was. You fire him privately and move on... like the PROFESSIONAL he should be after all his years in the biz. You don't go on the internet and unload your anger to the public like a pissed off teenager.

Or maybe Dave really got on his nerves (probably easy) and the tech said to himself, fuck it, Sabotage...

2 observations:
Dave is not a plastic surgery 'oholic.
Dave is not a true 'born again Christian' (not exactly church quality stuff here)
Dave is an asshole. ooops 3 observs.

Anyway, why is he so angry? Didn't HE hire the tech in the first place? This is classic Dave Mustaine blaming everything else but himself.

From what I heard/read...the show started late due to some gear issues with Dave's rig. There were several points where Dave and Kiko (sp?) were out of tune with each other. There were reports of during the show the sound of someone playing with his Amp EQ like adding Bass/Mids and stuff. Also you could hear the click and other stuff during the Sweating Bullets intro. There were multiple stops during the show between songs for the techs to correct issues, I guess even a 10 minute break at one point to eliminate feedback issues.

Definately sounds like a not great show, for sure from a tech/PA sound point.

I was at that concert in Brisbane at the eatons hills hotel, some weird stuff happened, nothing of any significance, got a selfie with the bass player

only thing i would complain about his the vocals where very down in the mix

Back
Top Bottom