NHL Playoffs

Next time Pittsburgh is playing in Vancouver, we should drive up there. I'm sporting my '92 Lemieux jersey today. Have a matching '92 Jagr one, as well :D

Nice !!
I actually have a 92 Mario jersey as well - I also have 2 Crosby jerseys - one from about 4 years ago - the other is Crosby's Canadian Olympic jersey that is signed - that one doesn't leave the house !
I often thought about driving up there for a Vancouver game - it seemed like its always on a weekday or I have something else going on...

At 6'-2" and 210+ lbs., in every sense of the word! He's only 19, wait 'til he grows up.

If he didn't go through those two scoring slumps, he could have scored 50 goals. Either way, he broke Wendel Clarke's rookie year record and he's the highest scoring American born rookie, in the history of the NHL. Not bad...for a rookie! :)

(Late to the party but haven't been 'round lately)

... and broke an NHL record as well: Four goals in his first NHL game. And not to overlook Nylander and Marner. Forces to be reckoned with for years to come. Just hope the Leafs can afford to keep them all, once the entry contracts are up.

It's not all Pekka's fault. Preds defense takes offensive risks and gets Rinne into trouble. But sure... looks like Pens will win it in game 7 right?

It's not all Pekka's fault. Preds defense takes offensive risks and gets Rinne into trouble. But sure... looks like Pens will win it in game 7 right?
I agree that the guys out front could be doing a better job, but that shot by Malkin towards the end of the first period just flat out beat him. They got skunked 0-6. The upside is Pekka is playing in Nashville for game 6. So, if his stats stay true, they should force a game 7. I hope the Preds win.

Rinne just seems to play terrible in Pittsburgh. I'm not complaining about that, though.
I'm quite certain that the Preds will come out swining - in the figurative and literal sense - tomorrow. The Pens will need to keep doing what they're doing, it seems like Sullivan and co have figured out a system that, when exectued well, enables chances at least. Hopefully Bonino is back tomorrow too, which should make it a somewhat interesting game. I'm thinking Preds eek out a W at home though, sending it to seven... where I think Pit will take the cup.

Annnddd the pens just won the cup ! Nashville = worst fans ever.....
I've been watching hockey got 30 years- never heard fans boo the winning team- when they win the cup....
Also - first years preds sold out games... Fair whether fans...
GOOOOOO PENS!!!!!

Yeah. Fans were pretty disrespectful.

All I will say is that the Preds got robbed of a goal by a ref with a hair-trigger whistle.

I'm going to be in Nashville next weekend on business... sooooo glad the Cup won't be there :) I've never heard fans boo like that either, and throwing a bunch of stuff on the ice at the end. Although they did get robbed of that goal.

After how the refs did their job in game 1 and 6 I would boo as well. I want the players and teams to be responsible for winning games and not the refs... seriously why can't they challenge that goal call when it's a clear mistake by the refs??? I'm a fan of both teams just to be clear. Some of my favorite players are on both teams but wow was that a lousy final game.

I agree about the calls - but both teams had bad calls go for and against them throughout the series. The preds had 3 other games, 180 minutes, to win and they didn't . Can't blame the whole series on one call. I would be saying the same thing if Pittsburgh lost. They had plenty of chances to win and didn't. I will say the officiating throughout the playoffs has been pretty bad.

I agree as well. And then those 2 penalties against the Pens in the 3rd period, neither was something you usually see called at that point of a playoff game. There was a shot of their coach just kind of laughing after the 2nd one, like "ok fine, you must really want to give them a chance to tie it up." I'm not really a fan of either team and although I was cheering for the Pens I almost wanted to see it go to 7 just because it's playoff hockey.

Yeah, the whistle blew on that "robbed goal". The ref lost sight of the puck, it's his job to blow the whistle at that point. Sucks for the Preds, but, they had 4 power play opportunities they couldn't convert, a decent amount of time in a 5-on-3 situation as well. If you can't convert those, you're in for a rough time. Teams can always count on poor officiating... that's why they need to play better and minimize the impact of it.
And yeah, the boo'ing from that makeup of fans was disappointing. Yeah, you lost... no need to be such a poor sport about it.

Yeah I don't like that trend of giving bad penalties to make up for a referees mistake. That once again gives referees more power over the game. Still the Pens played better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom