ngd!

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
seeing cobbler sharing his new toy, thought i'd do the same.
needed to take my mind off the fw10 and ae tnp.
got this little beauty over the easter weekend.
it's a 2012 les paul traditional which i shamelessly dressed up to look closer to another les paul i can't afford..
this is my first and only gibson (been a fender man all this while, my other les paul being an epiphone)
My_LP01_zpsaaa5fba5.jpg
My_LP02_zpsb08f9008.jpg

Very nice and congratulations.

What dressing up did you do ?
thanks!
what i did:
- swapped out the truss rod cover for a plain one (the original had the word "traditional");
- replaced the speed knobs with top hats for the four pots;
- added position indicators beneath the knobs; and
- replaced the chrome input jack cover for a cream one.
won't fool (nor impress) die-hard les paul fans but i think the changes looked kinda cool.

thanks!
what i did:
- swapped out the truss rod cover for a plain one (the original had the word "traditional");
- replaced the speed knobs with top hats for the four pots;
- added position indicators beneath the knobs; and
- replaced the chrome input jack cover for a cream one.
won't fool (nor impress) die-hard les paul fans but i think the changes looked kinda cool.

Ok, got it. I think it looks cool too. I'm not a Les Paul player so wouldn't know. The only Les Paul guitar I ever had was an Antoria gold top which I traded in for my first Strat in 78.

I'm not a Les Paul player so wouldn't know.
me neither...
i have 6 strats and 1 partscaster but have always secretly yearned for a proper les paul.
still going through the honeymoon phase.
can't get over how low i can set the string action on this thing: 3/64" on the low e and 2/64" on the high e without any string rattle (measured at 17th fret with capo on 1st fret)

Very Nice !
I love that color burst.
I haven't owned a Les Paul since 1982, been a jackson/Charvel guy ever since, but lately I find myself kind of gasing for one.
this doesn't help :)

me neither...
i have 6 strats and 1 partscaster but have always secretly yearned for a proper les paul.
still going through the honeymoon phase.
can't get over how low i can set the string action on this thing: 3/64" on the low e and 2/64" on the high e without any string rattle (measured at 17th fret with capo on 1st fret)

Yes, I have kept thinking about getting one for a couple of years, I think I need to own at least one in my life 8)

Not all my guitars are Strats, but they are all Strat like. Mmm ?

Last edited:
Sweet piece! Looks inspiring. Every guitar has a personality. After all it IS wood and it came from something living. Am I reaching? Maybe. Seriously tho, good luck with it. Got my first LP Standard in 1978... Loved it long time!

thanks guys, for all the compliments!

...will be the spittin image of a custom shop 59 re-issue ! 8)
you read my mind!
my temporary distraction is dangerously turning into a trip down a slippery slope.
i have already replaced the bridge and tail piece with a set of fabers (was deciding between faber and callaham but went with the former cos the parts are direct replacements and are cheaper)

all i can say is the fw10 and ae tnp better drop soon..
else the pickup rings may be next..
followed by maybe cts pots,
50s wiring..
i need help!

Like you mentioned previously....you had an Epi. That was me....I had an Epi for a while and always wanted a real one. ;)

That is really sweet looking and I like the little upgrades as well. I agree with you on the action being set so low on these.....I have played many over the years to try them out and have always been amazed with how the action is superb on them when setup properly.
Congrats!

other than having the fw10 drop over the weekend, these arrived as well.
Gibson_historic_parts_zps6667b73c.jpg

and so it begins...:mrgreen
despite the hectic weekend schedule and at great risk of being inflicted with major bodily harm by the better half, i managed to squeeze in a couple of hours to swapped out the parts.
here are the results of my attempt to dress up my traditional to look like a 59 reissue.
lespaul_con1_zpsf9c32d91.jpg

lespaul_con2_zps1fd0f954.jpg

am not sure why i read that the historic pickguard will be a problem...fits just nicely imho.
stopped just short of swapping out the capacitors for the gibson ones cause i have read that those aren't exactly the read deal.
but since i like how the guitar sounds now, i am in no rush to muck about with the electronics..

Back
Top Bottom