NGD

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Worked out a great deal with Sam Ash on a Charvel Pro Mod DK24 Shell Pink:

https://www.samash.com/charvel-pro-mod-dk24-hss-2pt-cm-electric-guitar-c94335xxx-p

I'm attending Vai Academy 5.0 in New York at the end of July. I didn't want to travel with a guitar. Sam Ash will have a pop up shop at the event, so I got connected with Sammy Ash and they agreed to sell me a guitar and case in advance which they will bring both to the event. When it's over, I will return it and they'll ship it to me in California.

I've been wanting one of these for a few months since I had the chance to play one in the local guitar shop.

:D

Worked out a great deal with Sam Ash on a Charvel Pro Mod DK24 Shell Pink:

https://www.samash.com/charvel-pro-mod-dk24-hss-2pt-cm-electric-guitar-c94335xxx-p

I'm attending Vai Academy 5.0 in New York at the end of July. I didn't want to travel with a guitar. Sam Ash will have a pop up shop at the event, so I got connected with Sammy Ash and they agreed to sell me a guitar and case in advance which they will bring both to the event. When it's over, I will return it and they'll ship it to me in California.

I've been wanting one of these for a few months since I had the chance to play one in the local guitar shop.

:D
Nice guitar. But if you look closely at the photo, you can see that somebody scraped the Ibanez logo off. :eek:

Nice guitar. But if you look closely at the photo, you can see that somebody scraped the Ibanez logo off. :eek:
I know, right?

I do have a couple non-Ibanez guitars. I had originally thought about the Ibanez AZ242F in Tequila Sunrise Gradient. It's a beauty that sounds great, but the neck is just too chunky.

I played the Charvel on a whim and was really impressed, quality, tone, playability are all very nice. Can't wait to get my hands on mine!

I'd be curious on the tuning stability of the non-Floyd. Especially if you are a deep-diver. Please report back.

I'd be curious on the tuning stability of the non-Floyd. Especially if you are a deep-diver. Please report back.
Yeah... I only have 1 non-Floyd trem (PRS CE-24) and I'm not super convinced with that one yet. I'm not doing big shredder dives or pull ups normally, but I do use it constantly for "flavor".

It's a Gotoh 510, which is a pretty popular bridge. Hopefully it's stable...

Congrats on the family expansion! That’s some pretty serious customer service there! I was a bit impressed when you said they’d bring it to the event for you. But bring it, let you play it, take it back to the shop after and ship it? That’s a seriously unexpected kind of musician-friendly attitude. Kudos to them!

I have an old Charvel Fusion Special in “crackle” finish. This one does remind me of the ‘80’s. Is it going to be all setup for you and everything?

I have an old Charvel Fusion Special in “crackle” finish. This one does remind me of the ‘80’s. Is it going to be all setup for you and everything?
The Rainbow Crackle? I had one of those years ago... It was a great guitar but once I discovered Ibanez I was hooked :)

It comes with 9-42 already and I use 9-40, so it will probably work fine as it comes. But I will bring some strings and basic tools in case I need to adjust it.

Congrats on the family expansion! That’s some pretty serious customer service there! I was a bit impressed when you said they’d bring it to the event for you. But bring it, let you play it, take it back to the shop after and ship it? That’s a seriously unexpected kind of musician-friendly attitude. Kudos to them!

I agree 100%!

The Rainbow Crackle? I had one of those years ago... It was a great guitar but once I discovered Ibanez I was hooked :)

It comes with 9-42 already and I use 9-40, so it will probably work fine as it comes. But I will bring some strings and basic tools in case I need to adjust it.

I think it was called desert crackle. It’s like an off white color. The quarter sawn maple neck has not moved in 20 years. It’s pretty unbelievable considering I live in the north east and I am always adjusting truss rods.

Last edited:
I think it was called desert crackle. It’s like an off white color. The quarter sawn maple neck has not moved in 20 years. It’s pretty unbelievable considering I live in the north east and I am always adjusting truss rods.
Ok... Yeah, kind of a sandy white color. I remember those, too.

I think that was the Golden age for both Charvel and Ibanez, but I'm hoping the the build quality is up to par.

I have only ever bought a few guitars new in my lifetime. I prefer buying used, but this is a special circumstance and the price was pretty close to the going used rate.

Back
Top Bottom