NGD!

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
This is a huge diversion for me in guitar choice. Although this is a 2014 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro, I've never owned a Gibson style guitar ever. I've always been a Ernie Ball Music Man or guitars with tremolo system kinda guy mostly. I picked this up locally for a decent price and was looking for something different. Quite happy with the look , feel and even the sound out of these probucker pickups. Coil tapping is a nice feature on this guitar. Curious if anyone has experience with these pickups. Anyone swap them out for anything else? recommendations if I should change them out one day?... IMG_4157.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. If you want new pups, I suggest you check out Duncan Antiquity. Great sounding pick ups for that old school rock sound. I am suggesting old school because I think I see a Shag rug in your photo. Just sayin'...

Nice looking guitar. I need to get another LP one of these days, just because! Fralin PAFs and Duncan JBs both sound good in Les Paul style guitars if you get in the swapping mindset. If you like what you're hearing, hang with what's there.

I have an Epi ES-339 and I've kept the stock electronics in it. I think it has the same pickups. They are quite good actually.

If I swapped them out I would probably go with a Duncan Custom bridge and a 59 neck. I'd probably tart it up a bit with Zebra set.

Thx guys. yeah I'm quite impressed for how well it plays for the money. Changed the strings to what I'm used to and it's like I've had it for years. Amazing the difference that simple change can make. These pickups are surprisingly articulate.

Back
Top Bottom