NGD (Tomorrow)

Very nice! I've since seen the ways of the P90 and have backed off my plans to put mini hums in my Les Paul. Enjoy that fine, fine guitar!

Have you made an appointment for when the headstock inevitably breaks? Luthiers are usually booked in advance for those kind of repairs. On the plus side, once it's glued back on it will be much stronger then before. ;)

Have you made an appointment for when the headstock inevitably breaks? Luthiers are usually booked in advance for those kind of repairs. On the plus side, once it's glued back on it will be much stronger then before. ;)
When you’ve been through what I have in life, you find that stuff like this doesn’t matter as much. Just enjoying each day for what it is.

Since I was a kid, I've always wanted a Les Paul Custom Goldtop. Placed my order Saturday and it's being delivered tomorrow. Like a kid at Christmas right now.
View attachment 78129View attachment 78130View attachment 78131View attachment 78132

Isn’t it great when someone comes in and craps all over your NGD thread?....jeeze.

Anyways, congrats on that awesome new Les Paul......there’s really nothing quite like them......enjoy!

Isn’t it great when someone comes in and craps all over your NGD thread?....jeeze.

Anyways, congrats on that awesome new Les Paul......there’s really nothing quite like them......enjoy!
Haha...I’m honestly not worried about it. And thank you! I’m stalking the FedEx truck right now!

Phenomenal looking guitar! It looks like it’s right out of a dream! Perfect specimen of the P 90 gold top
Thanks so much! And those are my feelings too. Just love the looks of it. And I’ve heard some local guitarists playing P90’s (way better than me) and I absolutely love the tone! One day, I’ll have a guitar with Lollars...have to let my better half adjust to this one though. Haha.

Had me hooked with those P90's!
And don't get discouraged with Muad'zin's responce. But there is truth to it! So bottom line be a little mindful, don't lean it on a wall or something like that, were it might come crashing to the floor. (you know ---- common sense)

And here is a example they don't all break, the Standard is a 1980. I'm the original owner no head stock breaks or cracks. If curious the Custom next to it is 12 years old same no breaks or cracks.

20210204_094803.jpg

Last edited:
I friend of mine has a 52 and I love the way it sounds. The wrap under bridge sucks though, I keep telling him about the Mojoaxe replacement .

Had me hooked with those P90's!
And don't get discouraged with Muad'zin's responce. But there is truth to it! So bottom line be a little mindful, don't lean it on a wall or something like that, were it might come crashing to the floor. (you know ---- common sense)

And here is a example they don't all break, the Standard is a 1980. I'm the original owner no head stock breaks or cracks. If curious the Custom next to it is 12 years old same no breaks or cracks.

View attachment 78154
That standard looks interesting. Got a pic of the body?

It's only stronger if you add a spline, if you just glue a straight split that has a nice big surface area it will be about the same as before. Not as weak as a Firebird or worse still a Thunderbird bass. I have probably glued over a hundred though.

Back
Top Bottom