NGD - Tom Anderson incoming

Awesome guitar! This one looks amazing!

I had a Tom Anderson in the 80s when I was touring and loved it. It ended up getting lost with a trailer full of gear for 4 bands during a tour in '89. Insurance paid for it but, I didn't replace it. It looked nothing like this one!!

Enjoy your new guitar when it shows up.
Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Oh, you're in for a treat! Tom Anderson makes some amazing guitars. I love mine. A little angel will likely be the next TAG that I get (if I'm fortunate enough to get another one). A short scale super strat is quite appealing to me on paper.

Thanks everyone. I'm excited to get it in my hands.

The pictures on the Reverb listing are stunning, and a Tom Anderson has been on my list for quite a while.

I'm hoping the shorter scale length won't bother me since all my guitars except a rarely played PRS CE-24 are 25 1/2"...

But I suspect maybe just using 9.5s instead of my usual 9s might be all that's needed. That's what it's arriving with so we'll see.

I'll report back once it gets some play time!

Dude, freaking awesome. That's a beauty, and I'm so damn curious about the tone; this concept is so cool to me, as I'm always wondering about ways to combine aspects of Strats and Les Pauls in a single guitar. Congrats in the extreme, and I hope it's everything you're hoping for and more in person.

I got a smoking deal on this insane looking Tom Anderson L'il Angel.

Here is a picture from the Reverb listing:

View attachment 115140

Should be arriving in about a week.
Awesome! Out of curiosity, do you think it's a smoking deal because the person was asking under market value, or did you negotiate a better deal? Was looking at a bunch of TAs on Reverb, and some of them seem to be priced higher than I'd expect, given the condition. Genuinely curious. Congrats!

Thanks everyone. I'm excited to get it in my hands.

The pictures on the Reverb listing are stunning, and a Tom Anderson has been on my list for quite a while.

I'm hoping the shorter scale length won't bother me since all my guitars except a rarely played PRS CE-24 are 25 1/2"...

But I suspect maybe just using 9.5s instead of my usual 9s might be all that's needed. That's what it's arriving with so we'll see.

I'll report back once it gets some play time!
I had a custom Tom Anderson Cobra S made four years ago, which is also a short scale, and, if you have never played an Anderson before, one thing you will notice is the wonderful neck and fretwork. I also, as you suggested, use 9.5's (d'addario NYXL), and they are a great match for the scale. I see that your guitar has the Baby Floyd bridge, and as I have been considering that in a future guitar, would be interested in hearing how you like it. You are fortunate if you found a used Anderson with the specs you want, especially the neck shape, which is the most important to me. Good luck with it, and keep us posted on your results once you have had some time with it.

I had a custom Tom Anderson Cobra S made four years ago, which is also a short scale, and, if you have never played an Anderson before, one thing you will notice is the wonderful neck and fretwork. I also, as you suggested, use 9.5's (d'addario NYXL), and they are a great match for the scale. I see that your guitar has the Baby Floyd bridge, and as I have been considering that in a future guitar, would be interested in hearing how you like it. You are fortunate if you found a used Anderson with the specs you want, especially the neck shape, which is the most important to me. Good luck with it, and keep us posted on your results once you have had some time with it.
My Tom Anderson also has the baby Floyd. I really like it. Late in this thread you can see a video I recorded to demonstrate the tuning stability. That was recorded when I had only played the guitar for a few days. It as worn in a bit and the tuning stability has improved even further.

Awesome! Out of curiosity, do you think it's a smoking deal because the person was asking under market value, or did you negotiate a better deal? Was looking at a bunch of TAs on Reverb, and some of them seem to be priced higher than I'd expect, given the condition. Genuinely curious. Congrats!
The seller had it at a very good price and accepted an offer about $100 less. And free shipping from a private seller...

From the description and appearance, I think this was a case queen for sure. He said he never even put a strap on it :eek:

Fantastic guitars! I love my Guardian Angel! When I played it in the store I didn’t put it down until I made a deal to purchase it.
Good luck with it!

Back
Top Bottom