NGD: Tom Anderson Guitarworks - Angel Koa (24 Fret Content!)

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, sooo excited to share this with you all :) I have just today received my new Tom Anderson Angel (24 fret) model and it is THE best guitar I've ever played. Sounds incredible through my Axe FX ;) Also super proud to announce I'm now an artist with Anderson Guitarworks! What a great start to 2014. Also hope everyone has a very happy and safe new year :)

GwTG4xu.jpg

Tom has had requests to do 24 fret guitars for a looong time but always done 22 as not to change the sound of the neck humbucker. But this NAMM 2014 tom will be launching the new Angel series, 24 frets :) I visited the shop back in late September, and spec'd mine out and placed my order. Here are the specs:

One piece Koa Top on Basswood (Honey Shaded Edge finish)
Chocolate Maple Neck - Even Taper profile, 1 11/16 Nut w/ 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel frets.
12"-14" radius
Buzz Feiten Tuning System
Gold Vintage Tremolo
Gold Locking Tuners
Pickups: Tom Anderson HF1 SC2 and HF2
Strung with 10-46 gauge strings in E standard

Serial is: 06-30-13S (6/30 is my birthday, S for my name hehe)

Pickup config:

1 - Bridge Humbucker
2 - Bridge + middle (split)
3 - Bridge + neck (split)
4 - Neck + Middle (Split)
5 - Neck Humbucker

Push-pull on the tone for master split on 1/5

and before you ask, the two strap buttons are so you can balance it against a wall, and also so a player can choose how it balances on them.

NeS1VsA.jpg

TeSjlKy.jpg

Here's the 'A Wedgie' two bolt TA neck joint
fv0ENg5.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome... congratulations, I've had 4-5 andys at one time.. currently have 2, my custom hollow drop top with solid rosewood neck and floyd, and a classic hollow drop top. Toms also a good person, not many of those left in that business.

Lovely guitar Sean. I've been following its 'path' to you on Twitter and so pleased for you. All we need now is a demo :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sweet, I think being new,I'd wait to be laying it up against a wall for a while:D

Dayum. Tom's Koa and Walnut topped guitars are special indeed. I played a Koa HDT exclusively for a DECADE with zero GAS. I ended up selling it because I hate the switcheroo in practice but it's very cool in theory. Also, the 1-11/16th nut I specced as a youngin just ain't my style. I'd like to get one of these with a Floyd and a 1-5/8 nut. And a 5 way with blower switch. Probably a basswood back. Please add a video when you can!

Back
Top Bottom