NGD Taylor T5z Pro in a beautiful blue. :)

Jiffzillla

Experienced
Had a red Taylor T5 Custom since 2009. Found this on Sweetwater.com and I had to have it. (I'm a sucker for blue guitars.) So I sold the older T5 Custom and threw the money at this T5z Pro. Very similar to the old one, but it's a 12" neck radius rather than 15" on my previous T5. And it's got jumbo frets as well. Just love this new one. Wanna dive into that top!! Just thought I'd share. :)

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 47
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 57
It looks fantastic. I'm a sucker for blue guitars too and this is one of the guitars I was thinking of...
Please let me know pro and cons.
Congrats!

Very nice! Always like the T5 great looking top. My mom is a photography buff and the club she hangs with did a photo tour at the Taylor plant a wile back took some great pic's.

Nice, I've been craving a T5z since attending a roadshow recently. There are a bunch of songs on the band's set list that would be well suited for it.

It looks fantastic. I'm a sucker for blue guitars too and this is one of the guitars I was thinking of...
Please let me know pro and cons.
Congrats!

Pros: Just about everything. Beautiful well made guitar. I've now owned three Taylors (My original T5 Custom, a 614ce, and now this T5z Pro) and all are extremely good examples of great craftsmanship and attention to detail. This guitar feels a bit more like an electric than my previous T5. And to be honest, I love the necks on both of them. They just feel a bit different when compared to each other. Tonally speaking, this is by no means a one trick pony. It does a very wide range of tones exceptionally well when you use the volume and EQ controls in conjunction with the pickup selection. It can sound like a big bodied Taylor acoustic (using the same ES system they use on their acoustic guitars), dark and jazzy hollow body, and pretty damn close to a solid body electric, but with (good) feedback characteristics of a hollow body electric. It doesn't do everything, but it does a lot of things very well and feels and looks incredibly good while doing it. This is a really fun guitar to play. :)

Cons: It IS a decent chunk of money for one of these things, but IMHO, you get what you pay for in this case. The only other potential con is that if you're looking to do all out metal with the T5, you'll probably wanna look elsewhere. It's not built for that, but what hollow body guitar is? :p

Here's a link to a review of the T5z Pro (and T5z Standard) that covers a lot of the tones that it can do. There are great examples of the sweet feedback you can get with this guitar in this video too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVyugKGvjI

Hope this answers some questions for you! :)

That's beautiful .....really nice. I'm sure it plays/sounds even better.
I own a new 814ce Taylor....and I appreciate the build quality on a Taylor. Well made ;)

Back
Top Bottom