NGD: Suhr Pete Thorn Signature

I love the Thornbucker plus bridge and Thornbucker neck p/u combo. It's the ONLY two HB guitar I've owned where the bridge and neck complimented each other. I've heard the EVH humbucker sets do but I've also heard that my Les Paul's Classic 57 Plus and Classic 57 do to. And that definitely is not the case.

I love the Thornbucker plus bridge and Thornbucker neck p/u combo. It's the ONLY two HB guitar I've owned where the bridge and neck complimented each other. I've heard the EVH humbucker sets do but I've also heard that my Les Paul's Classic 57 Plus and Classic 57 do to. And that definitely is not the case.

I couldn’t agree with you more. The Thornbuckers, along with the wiring scheme, make the Pete Thorn guitar shine.

I personally never liked Classic 57s. I had them in my Les Paul too. I replaced them with a set of Fralin Pure PAFs. I’m very happy with the Fralins. They have more clarity and less mud compared to Classic 57s.

The only thing I don't like on these guitars are the pickup mounting rings. They look out of place on a strat shaped guitar IMO. Otherwise, the specs are fantastic. I love that they come with classy solid finishes rather than a flame top too. Everything about the aesthetic is understated and tasteful.

Back
Top Bottom