NGD: Suhr Modern Plus

TheDought

Just recently got my new Suhr Modern Plus in and am absolutely loving it. Only had a couple of hours to make some presets for a gig we had and this has to be the easiest guitar to get a great sound with. Blown away by the fullness and clarity of the pickups.

Prior to getting this I had decided to go with the new Ibanez TQM1. I figured with it being cheaper and having all the possible pickup selections it would satisfy my craving for a Suhr. Well I was very much mistaken. After the guitar came in I had struggled with how overly bright it sounded and even wondered if there was something wrong with my monitors. After spending hours trying to get presets adjusted for a gig, our sound man commented on how harsh the guitar sounded. So after that and a few other issues, I decided to send that back and order the Suhr. Can definitely say this is by far the best guitar I've played.

TLDR: Suhr = Good.

55969642888__9772E920-2A25-4FC4-8B3F-558BBB39AAD1.JPG 55969645870__BC506441-4AC3-4C8C-B8FE-018A5F5F26AD.JPG 55969647145__D28A1A46-8C1D-490C-A228-A70FF3337CEA.JPG IMG_2548.jpg

Interesting, by all the hype on the internet those Ibanez TQM1 are supposed to be the cat's pajamas.

Interesting, by all the hype on the internet those Ibanez TQM1 are supposed to be the cat's pajamas.

That's exactly what I thought. It plays decent enough. Has a similar neck feel IMO to my Fender Strat. Just those pickups were not working for me. Obviously to each their own, but my ears were after a different sound.

if you listen to Tom he dials his tones in quite dark, so his guitar is probably meant to offset that

Back
Top Bottom