NGD: Suhr Custom Modern HH Dark Cherry Burst

secondwindow

Power User
This is my brand-new Suhr Custom Modern in Dark Cherry Burst with with dual humbuckers, three-way toggle, and chrome hardware. It has an okoume body and neck with flame maple top and pau ferro fretboard. The recessed bridge is a TonePros TP6 and the pickups are Suhr SSV neck and SSH bridge. I swapped-out the knobs for some Q-parts I had on-hand.

I didn't spec this one myself, but I'm really happy with the choices the shop made when they custom-ordered. I was looking for a finish like this, with an on-fire look to it and I like the simplicity of the three-way toggle with dual humbuckers and non-trem bridge.

I have a few hours of play-time already and I'm really happy with this guitar. I recently picked-up another custom Suhr Modern, second-hand, and they compliment each other very well, both in appearance and tone when double-tracking. They have a smoke and fire thing going on. I'm pretty stoked!

Attachments

• 20210821_090442.jpg
    20210821_090442.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 20210820_164030.jpg
    20210820_164030.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 41
  • oiqcjbpzugzdw1lau81g.jpg
    oiqcjbpzugzdw1lau81g.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 38
  • i5lbkapgfrj2wbaviapr.jpg
    i5lbkapgfrj2wbaviapr.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 37
  • um63fmlwpgvha6wqvvd1.jpg
    um63fmlwpgvha6wqvvd1.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 35
  • ircxdqsnyloh53sfh6gw.jpg
    ircxdqsnyloh53sfh6gw.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 29
  • litwcpykojfr9stknexj.jpg
    litwcpykojfr9stknexj.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210906_021800.jpg
    20210906_021800.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Wow these are beauties... the strings thru the body is esthetically very pleasing
Thanks! I like the look of the string-through compared to a stop bar tail-piece, at least on a guitar like this one. I'm not sure if it makes a difference to the sound, but probably increases string tension a bit.

Very nice!

It's interesting that the fretboard is Pau Ferro... I would have guessed Rosewood.

I have 3 guitars with Pau Ferro fretboards and roasted Maple necks (1 Suhr, 2 Charvels) and the color looks very close to the roasted maple. The feel is very nice!

Very nice!

It's interesting that the fretboard is Pau Ferro... I would have guessed Rosewood.

I have 3 guitars with Pau Ferro fretboards and roasted Maple necks (1 Suhr, 2 Charvels) and the color looks very close to the roasted maple. The feel is very nice!
Thanks!

At first glance, the fretboard does resemble rosewood. In person, especially if comparing to another guitar with rosewood, it's easier to tell.

I don't think I've ever seen a Pau Ferro fretboard that's roasted. I'll have to search for examples.

This may be the first guitar I've owned with Pau Ferro. It like the feel and look of it a lot.

Thanks!

At first glance, the fretboard does resemble rosewood. In person, especially if comparing to another guitar with rosewood, it's easier to tell.

I don't think I've ever seen a Pau Ferro fretboard that's roasted. I'll have to search for examples.

This may be the first guitar I've owned with Pau Ferro. It like the feel and look of it a lot.
Check out pics of the Charvel DK-24 guitars. I'm not sure if the fretboard is roasted or not, but the appearance is really close to the roasted Maple of the necks.

Back
Top Bottom