NGD Strat Ultra HSS

Mohi

Experienced
So I wanted a HSS guitar that had kind of a “classic sound” but with some modern features like the neck shape and the heel, and this one matched my wishes. I tried it and plays like butter, neck, fret access, everything is smooth. I like the Noiseless SC, and the HB is just great, very classical sound and splits nice. Well seems a keeper for now.

0517F462-28D0-415B-BF95-9941B7A453C6.jpeg

So I wanted a HSS guitar that had kind of a “classic sound” but with some modern features like the neck shape and the heel, and this one matched my wishes. I tried it and plays like butter, neck, fret access, everything is smooth. I like the Noiseless SC, and the HB is just great, very classical sound and splits nice. Well seems a keeper for now.

View attachment 109158
Gorgeous, and the color I'd've picked (provided that Burgundy Mist was not an option)....

It is called cobra blue .... online I was not convinced, seeing it live I love it :)

There is not much offer of finishes I have to say.

Congrats! They did a great job on this model. I have the Tele. This color has to be seen in person to really be appreciated. I don't think I have ever seen a picture that did it justice. My Tele is Arctic White. It is just as hard if not harder to photograph. It looks so much better in person. I had a Tele in the Cobra Blue. I liked that color a lot as well.

View attachment 109158
What model is that?

View attachment 109158
I have the SSS version, and man, did they do it right. The way the neck flows into the body, it's hard to believe that they didn't try it 20-40 years ago. The finish on the neck is the best I've ever felt, too...my hand just slides over it, exactly the way it should. Mine is Texas Tea, but if Cobra Blue had been available here in Australia, I would have gone with that instead. Gorgeous guitar, enjoy it!

I think the tremolo is really nice, too.

Thanks man, yes the construction is amazing, I only think the side dots get a little lost in the fretboard / neck joint, the rest is perfect. I had to push really hard the tremolo bar to inset it, was afraid of breaking it. It is a modern classic, I tried it side by side to a AZ2204N and liked the Fender better.

Thanks man, yes the construction is amazing, I only think the side dots get a little lost in the fretboard / neck joint, the rest is perfect. I had to push really hard the tremolo bar to inset it, was afraid of breaking it. It is a modern classic, I tried it side by side to a AZ2204N and liked the Fender better.
Yeah, the first time I pushed in the tremolo bar, I thought the same thing - even more so the first time I pulled it out. It broke in over the first month or so (I don't leave it in).

I've been looking at the Texas Tea for a couple of months. Just may need to pull the trigger! Congrats on a cool guitar! I wish they would have put a roller nut on these?

Reactions: rog

View attachment 109158
Beautiful guitar! Do you have any sense how this Ultra plays compared to a Professional II? The dark night finish on the Professional II has had my eye for a minute, but it seems that the Ultra may be the way to go based on your review.

View attachment 109158
A lot of the things you were looking for and what this Strat has arent really traditional Strat specs: Modern D neck, ebony 12-16 radius fretboard, etc. Dont get me wrong, this is nice, but an ESP or USA Jackson is bad ass.

A lot of the things you were looking for and what this Strat has arent really traditional Strat specs: Modern D neck, ebony 12-16 radius fretboard, etc. Dont get me wrong, this is nice, but an ESP or USA Jackson is bad ass.
He said he was looking for more modern features, just looking for the traditional Strat sound.

Yes exactly, a more traditional sound but I am no connoisseur and I do not want to be, plus I already have a Silver Sky that has a killer Strat sound.

BTW I already had a Jackson Soloist USA SL2H, which I sold after many years because I could not manage to make it sound OK to me, even after many pickup changes. The guitar was built with an astonishing quality I have to say.

Beautiful guitar! Do you have any sense how this Ultra plays compared to a Professional II? The dark night finish on the Professional II has had my eye for a minute, but it seems that the Ultra may be the way to go based on your review.

I do not know the actual specs from the Prof. but there are many videos in YouTube comparing them, I think the most relevant could be pickups and neck shape, those two are the ones to pay more attention to, probably.

Back
Top Bottom