NGD - Strandberg Boden OS 6

Hey all! I've had quite a little journey getting this Strandberg Boden OS 6 - and I'm super stoked on the final guitar that I ended up with. Pics attached! I will probably do a video review and sound demo at some point, but just wanted to share for now - as I know this is a guitar many know about, but unsure since they are a little more difficult to try out.

Anyway, for those interested in a Strandberg - or just any guitar that is ergonomic - I highly recommend. I have some chronic pain issues so I'm always looking for the next lightest and most comfortable guitar. Well, this is it. A well balanced, 4 lbs, 2 oz guitar with the patented Endureneck profile and fanned frets. Super into it. OK - enough babbling. Check out the pics and if you all have any questions about the pros, cons, etc before I do any review just let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_8548.JPG
    IMG_8548.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8554.JPG
    IMG_8554.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8563.JPG
    IMG_8563.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8572.JPG
    IMG_8572.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 50
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 51
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 51
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8575.JPG
    IMG_8575.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8567.JPG
    IMG_8567.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 49
It's wonderful that they started offering a tremolo version as standard option.

One think I would want is a separate volume control for each pickup, along with the ability to split each.

Someday I will get to try one.

It's wonderful that they started offering a tremolo version as standard option.

One think I would want is a separate volume control for each pickup, along with the ability to split each.

Someday I will get to try one.

The OS 6 has a 5-way blade that splits the pickups... There is a drop in volume in the 2 and 4 position when split.

Can't wait for it to arrive, Brad.

Not sure if it will come with new strings, but put new strings on. It's been a few months! Strumming Peregrine unplugged was a real eye-opener. I've owned many top guitars over the years, but Peregrine was one of the most alive, with good sustain. To everyone, I can definitely recommend Bare Knuckle Blackhawks. Great match for that guitar, but awesome pickups in general.

I'm certainly excited to see what the .strandberg crew has up their sleeves. A guitar with a strange neck, ultra light-weight, and completely different design? Well, apparently most people absolutely love them. They don't come up for sale that often. Some day...

@SolarPoweredSD I'm glad they've changed the electronics like that, and added the trem as an option. Very smart. The only thing I would be missing is a separate volume control, but none of my current guitars have that either. Makes sense due to the smaller cavity space available for electronics (I'm guessing).

Can't wait for it to arrive, Brad.

Not sure if it will come with new strings, but put new strings on. It's been a few months! Strumming Peregrine unplugged was a real eye-opener. I've owned many top guitars over the years, but Peregrine was one of the most alive, with good sustain. To everyone, I can definitely recommend Bare Knuckle Blackhawks. Great match for that guitar, but awesome pickups in general.

I'm certainly excited to see what the .strandberg crew has up their sleeves. A guitar with a strange neck, ultra light-weight, and completely different design? Well, apparently most people absolutely love them. They don't come up for sale that often. Some day...

@SolarPoweredSD I'm glad they've changed the electronics like that, and added the trem as an option. Very smart. The only thing I would be missing is a separate volume control, but none of my current guitars have that either. Makes sense due to the smaller cavity space available for electronics (I'm guessing).

thanks for the tip. I will have a few days more til I lay hands on Peregrine cuz it arrives tomorrow and I am winging my way to NAMM tonight, maybe I can see or touch one of these Bodens whilst there.

I'm both curious and a bit weary about that neck. What's the first impression when you pick it up and start playing? Seems so thick and those edges....
I also imagine if you get used to that neck, it must be awkward to go back playing a normal guitar, or?
Oh, and where's the truss rod located?

I'm both curious and a bit weary about that neck. What's the first impression when you pick it up and start playing? Seems so thick and those edges....
I also imagine if you get used to that neck, it must be awkward to go back playing a normal guitar, or?
I also have a Boden OS and really love it. The neck was odd at first but after a very short while you don't really notice it. I have no issue going between the Strandberg and other guitars.

The truss rod adjustment is in the end of the neck where the headstock would have been.

Yeah - I was anxious too before I got it. But, grew used to it really quick. The neck is a little chunky when playing open/first position chords. Besides that, it is great.

I actually quite enjoy the profile and the slightly fanned frets. Between that and the weight (or lack there of), and balance - It's so comfortable all around it made me think "this is how all guitars should be made!"

Also, The truss rod is very easy to adjust - just at the top with no cover.

Back
Top Bottom