NGD Solar S1.6ET LTD FSBM

Pwrmac7600

Power User
Picked this guy up the other day. What a great guitar. I had already owned a Washburn Solar 16ETC and fell in love with it. Wanted to pick up another to set up and leave in different tuning. These really are such great guitars, surprised more people aren't talking about them. Anyway, just thought I would share my excitement,
x5zdsmza4tukmhzqfpqg.jpg

How are you liking the Evertune bridge? I've been seriously considering snagging a Solar equipped with one.

How are you liking the Evertune bridge? I've been seriously considering snagging a Solar equipped with one.
I love it. It rocks for recording, no tuning in between takes. That guitar can sit for a month and I pick it back up and it's perfectly in tune. Once you learn how to set it up correctly to get the bends in there it really is awesome.

Last edited:
HNGD
What do you tune to? I hear the evertune is especially good with lower tunings?
Yes It works perfectly for standard and I tune down to drop C. Going in between tunings is a bit of a pain in the ass, but that is why I own 2 ET equipped guitars, One stays in standard tuning with the ability to go to drop D and the other stays in drop C.

I am normally a Les Paul guy, I own 7 of them, but I can't bring myself to chop one of them up to put in an ET system. I was looking for something different in my collection, and these guitars did it. They are great build quality, and they play and sound great. The stock pickup get bagged on alot because they are more of a duncan design pickup, but I think they sound great.

Yes It works perfectly for standard and I tune down to drop C. Going in between tunings is a bit of a pain in the ass, but that is why I own 2 ET equipped guitars, One stays in standard tuning with the ability to go to drop D and the other stays in drop C.

I am normally a Les Paul guy, I own 7 of them, but I can't bring myself to chop one of them up to put in an ET system. I was looking for something different in my collection, and these guitars did it. They are great build quality, and they play and sound great. The stock pickup get bagged on alot because they are more of a duncan design pickup, but I think they sound great.

I'm a Les Paul/SC guy too. I just picked up a Solar GC1.6TBR with an evertune bridge. Really a nice guitar for the money. The stainless steel frets are a joy to bend. Still bonding with the Duncan Solars.

I'm a Les Paul/SC guy too. I just picked up a Solar GC1.6TBR with an evertune bridge. Really a nice guitar for the money. The stainless steel frets are a joy to bend. Still bonding with the Duncan Solars.
All of my Les Pauls have high output A5 pickups in them anyway, so they are right in the territory of what i like, i liked them so much i actually just put a duncan custom 5 in one of my les pauls, which is what the duncan solars are based on. it sounds great!

I have three Solar guitars. I truly believe they are one of the best values out there. Evertune bridge, ebony fret board, SS frets, a variety of switching options, all for no more than $1200 USD for a high end version. That, and they arrive from Spain in just 2 days! Once you learn the nuances of the Evertune, you literally do NOT have to tune the guitar. I would never add an Evertune to a guitar because it's very invasive, but when they come factory installed they are an amazing feature on your guitar. Don't want an Evertune? Solar offers Floyd Rose and Hip Shot bridges too.

Since Ola shills quite a bit for his own guitars in his video (and rightly so, its his brand) the Evertune bridge had me interested. The price is..... steep. Not for the faint of hearted. And then I watched a vid of how you have to install one of them. And that will forever cure you of the idea of installing one of them into one of your guitars. You gotta order one with a new guitar attached, like with Solar, or build your own guitar around one. Otherwise you'll NEVER manage to bring yourself to hack one of your old trusted axes up for one. It's akin to taking one your kids to the doctor to scoop out its organs to install life giving machinery in there. Suddenly having to tune between songs doesn't sound so bad anymore.

Since Ola shills quite a bit for his own guitars in his video (and rightly so, its his brand) the Evertune bridge had me interested. The price is..... steep. Not for the faint of hearted. And then I watched a vid of how you have to install one of them. And that will forever cure you of the idea of installing one of them into one of your guitars. You gotta order one with a new guitar attached, like with Solar, or build your own guitar around one. Otherwise you'll NEVER manage to bring yourself to hack one of your old trusted axes up for one. It's akin to taking one your kids to the doctor to scoop out its organs to install life giving machinery in there. Suddenly having to tune between songs doesn't sound so bad anymore.
Yeah as I stated that was what drew me to my purchase of a Solar. I could never bring myself to hack up one of my beloved Les Pauls to install one of them. So I figured let me just buy a guitar with it already in there. Glad I did because it really is a great system. It's not only about having to tune between songs. When you drop tune, I am down to drop C#, you can really hear how much more in tune it is as opposed to a standard bridge system.
I also just recently purchase an LTD EC-1000 with evertune as well to try and help cure my itch for a Les Paul with evetune, and so far I am really loving it. If Gibson ever did (which I know they never will) release a Les Paul Standard with Evertune, I would definitely pick one up.

Yeah as I stated that was what drew me to my purchase of a Solar. I could never bring myself to hack up one of my beloved Les Pauls to install one of them. So I figured let me just buy a guitar with it already in there. Glad I did because it really is a great system. It's not only about having to tune between songs. When you drop tune, I am down to drop C#, you can really hear how much more in tune it is as opposed to a standard bridge system.
I also just recently purchase an LTD EC-1000 with evertune as well to try and help cure my itch for a Les Paul with evetune, and so far I am really loving it. If Gibson ever did (which I know they never will) release a Les Paul Standard with Evertune, I would definitely pick one up.

Not gonna happen though, as Gibson customers are more conservative then the Taliban. ANYTHING that deviates from the original specs as created by Gibson and Les Paul is heresy to them. Cause they got it right from the start! The fact that the damn things get out of tune and headstocks snap off just by looking at them are only minor details. All necessary for that vintage tone.

You can order an evertune equipped LP studio directly from Evertune themselves. They do the installation for you.

https://www.evertune.com/shop/guitars.php?manufacturer=Gibson&select_sort_order=none&handedness=right&strings[]=six&strings[]=seven&strings[]=eight&bridge_installation=ALL

they also have a program where they'll order any production model guitar you want and put an Evertune on it. It's adds a little to the cost of the guitar, but IMO it's well worth it (got 3 ET equipped axes myself, can't live without it).

You can order an evertune equipped LP studio directly from Evertune themselves. They do the installation for you.

https://www.evertune.com/shop/guitars.php?manufacturer=Gibson&select_sort_order=none&handedness=right&strings[]=six&strings[]=seven&strings[]=eight&bridge_installation=ALL

they also have a program where they'll order any production model guitar you want and put an Evertune on it. It's adds a little to the cost of the guitar, but IMO it's well worth it (got 3 ET equipped axes myself, can't live without it).
Yes but the adaptable Les Paul evertune is a bit later than the standard everyone because it's made to adapt to the stop tail piece. I prefer the smooth look and feel of a standard evertune.

Well, technically both are "standard", but I'm assuming you mean the F model (without the stud brackets). And I agree 100%. Mainly just pointing out that there are options available for somebody who must have an authentic Gibson and wants one with an Evertune.

But I'll take my EC-1000 over a Les Paul anyday. I had a 120th anniversary LP Studio that was really solid, played amazing, sounded amazing, but my LTD just overall felt and played better. Plus ya know... the Evertune.

Well, technically both are "standard", but I'm assuming you mean the F model (without the stud brackets). And I agree 100%. Mainly just pointing out that there are options available for somebody who must have an authentic Gibson and wants one with an Evertune.

But I'll take my EC-1000 over a Les Paul anyday. I had a 120th anniversary LP Studio that was really solid, played amazing, sounded amazing, but my LTD just overall felt and played better. Plus ya know... the Evertune.
Yeah I am digging the ec-1000 i recently picked up a lot. It is a very comfortable guitar to play, but my Les Paul standards still feel like home to me.

I've got two Evertune equipped guitars (BC Rich Mockingbird Extreme Exotic & LTD BW-1). Pretty damned amazing. As stated, once you learn how to set them up (which has a small learning curve), it's almost foolproof. Not perfect, I do have to tweak the saddles now & then (which is how you fine tune after setting the bend sensitivity), especially on the LTD for some reason. But I can generally play an entire gig with no fuss. I don't think I'll ever purchase another guitar without one. And I've been looking at the Solar line as well.

I have one guitar with a Floyd, just cuz ya know... sometimes you gotta have that whammy. And another noodling guitar with a Hipshot just to play around with different tunings (which are kind of a pain with Evertune), but aside from those I'm pretty much 100% Evertune from here on out. Having dealt with constantly tuning and fiddling with this crap for over two decades, I'm more than happy to leave all that BS behind

Back
Top Bottom