NGD - Schecter Tempest Classic

EJ James (Street)

Experienced
Been looking for one of these for a while now. Plenty of Tempest Customs or Hellraiser Tempests out there, but the Classics seem to be few and far between. When this mint condition Classic popped up on local for-sale group, I had to jump on it after negotiating a reasonable price.

Neck-through mahogany body, flame maple cap, ebony fret board, Duncan pups with push/pull coil tapping, TonePro's bridge.

Should be here this week.

12208361_10205984705550462_446798858755331798_n.jpg

12247047_10205984706030474_4592317484922164185_n.jpg

I'll give that baby some love. That is gorgeous, and I'll bet it plays like butter. Congrats on a great score!

Reactions: Moo
I signed up only to reply to this. I have two Classics (took a long time to find) and a 20th Anniversary Tempest which is basically a non-poly coat Classic with a special inlay at the 12th. You bought a serious winner that you will be happy with for as long as you play it. Schecter is a fringe brand in many ways but they make exceptional guitars, almost certainly the best considering the price point, and Prince, Pete Townsend, Mark Knopfler, and a great number of modern metal players already know it.

Congratulations and enjoy!

(Update: it's not neck-through, it's set neck, FWIW.)

Great playing guitars! I had the privilage of being lent one loaded with a BKP Aftermath for a couple of shows when my gigging guitars were out of action, played like butterr

This one looks lovely man :D congrats on the purchase!

Nice looking guitar! Schecter makes great guitars for their price. I had a 20th anniversary c1 with the custom 20th anniversary case. Was my main guitar for years! Very solid built instrument with great playing and feel for the price point. The only thing I ever did to it was replace the factory Pots and caps with PRS volume pots, and a Bournes Push/Pull tone with PIO caps. Totally changed the guitars sound from great to furking excellent! I think the originals were alpha pots with no treble bleed and ceramic tone cap. Other than that lil upgrade, the instrument was fantastic!

Got here yesterday. Pictures just don't do this guitar justice. Not a ding or scratch on it, and protective plastic still on both backplates. This thing is absolutely flawless.

ChrisMetal86, I might follow your lead on the upgraded pots/caps, but to be honest, it sounds phenomenal as-is.

11913239_10206017585332436_7362445383372532092_n.jpg

Reactions: Ole
Back
Top Bottom